Sun, Oct 6, 4:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: Z-depth mask in D|S??

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 10 April 2008 at 6:52 AM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 4:23 AM

Is there a way to have a z-depth image with D|S?

I'm not talking about the camera setting to render the scene with depth included, but about a way to have the z-depth as a separate pic?

My Store

lorddarkwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 12:48 PM · edited Fri, 11 April 2008 at 12:49 PM

Ok what are you exactly saying by Z depth image?

understand partly you looking for something along z axis, but need more clarification

flowers are clever things, even if it looks like They've vanished,
They never really go away- like a pack of wolves.  As long as
there's a moon, flowers will never die.  And neither will us wolves...
     -Wolf's Rain -     
L.Yucalevich III
Lord Darkwolf
Dragon Wolf Designs

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 1:37 PM

Maybe Mood Master can do what you want?
Are you trying to make a z-depth mask for postwork effects editting?
$24.95
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/ru5vvsulv85fegmmul41a5v563/?item=5460&spmeta=ab&_m=d

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 1:43 PM

file_403951.jpg

Yeah, z-depth mask for postwork blur like this one.

So the only way is to buy this pack?

My Store

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 11 April 2008 at 1:51 PM

That is the only thing I know of for D|S Z-depth.

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

lorddarkwolf ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 2:00 PM

Dreamlight makes a mask creator for D|S as well as the mood master,  more then likely judging by your attachment you may have want you need

flowers are clever things, even if it looks like They've vanished,
They never really go away- like a pack of wolves.  As long as
there's a moon, flowers will never die.  And neither will us wolves...
     -Wolf's Rain -     
L.Yucalevich III
Lord Darkwolf
Dragon Wolf Designs

Akhbour ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 8:39 AM

The MaskCreator does not work well for depth masks, the best is to use MoodMaster!

Use the DeepFog, arrange the settings to your likings and click on the DeepFogControl icon, change the colour to plain white and crank up the brightness to 200%. Start the render and save the picture as "ZDepthMask" or something like that.

In Photoshop load your original picture and the ZDepth pic, duplicate the Background- or 0Layer-layer, add a Gaussian Blurr of 5-10 pixels and click on the Mask-icon below the layer-palette.

Activate the ZDepth-pic, Ctrl+a to select the whole picture, ctrl+c to copy it. Return to the original picture with the blurred layer selected, open the channel-tab and under the R-, G- and B-channel you find the mask-channel, select it, activate it (there has to be an open eye in front of it!) and with ctrl+v paste the ZDepth-pic into the channel. Return to the Layer-tab, right-click on the Layer-Mask icon and choose "Apply Layer Mask".

Et voilà, a nice depth-blurr!

Peter

satria ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 2:09 PM

Try using free jlgDepth shader by joeglecko , but you still need blend it in your 2d software editor

Look at this threadforum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

vincebagna ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 4:57 PM

Thanks satria. I have those shaders since some time, but i have never been able to use this one. Hopefully, Joe helped me a lot by explaining me how it works, he also pointed me to this link :)

This shader combined with DOFPro in Photoshop can make great results ^^
The only bad point is that shader doesn't take into account the transparencies :(

My Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.