Tue, Sep 24, 11:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 11:15 am)

Subject: V4 V4.1 V4.2

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 5:16 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:36 AM

Hey guys n girls

Is this a ploy by Daz to make us buy a new version of Victoria every time they upgrade her?

I have V4.  Now I see things for V4.1 and V4.2.

Does this mean that this new stuff wont work with my original V4?
Is there not an updater, or an upgrade path without going the whole $30.00 route?

All seems a bit underhand unless I have missed something.

drky xxx

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 5:47 AM

you have missed something - 4.1 and 4.2 are free upgrades to V4.

JonTheCelt

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 5:51 AM

Quote - ... All seems a bit underhand unless I have missed something.

You've missed the fact that the upgrades are free and only require you to do a download reset on the relevant items (if DAZ doesn't do one automatically at the time the upgrade/update is released).

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 5:58 AM

Well, I THOUGHT it was odd. Thanks guys.

Looking on Daz's site they havent got a download/update for V4?
I guess I'm missing something else huh?

drky xxx

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 6:50 AM

Login to your DAZ account page (My Account), click on Itemized Order History, and reset your V4 items, then you can download them again (they will be V4.2 now). That should do it. 

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 7:20 AM

Quote - Login to your DAZ account page (My Account), click on Itemized Order History, and reset your V4 items, then you can download them again (they will be V4.2 now). That should do it. 

Hey cool!

Got my downloads safe and sound.  Should I then un-install the old V4 or just install over the top of them?

Sorry... little bit blonde today

drky xxx

jonthecelt ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 7:34 AM

I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing, rarther than writing over. It only takes a few moments longer, and negates any problems.

JonTheCelt

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 7:38 AM

Good advice. I took an alternative approach, though, and installed V4.2 in a completely separate runtime.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 8:45 AM

OK... I made another run time and installed the downloads.. then added that runtime into Poser 7.  All ok.... except, there is no Victoria model just the developers thingies.  Guess I'm missing a download file somewhere?

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 9:05 AM

Are you sure you installed the right download file? It should be file ps_pe069_Victoria4 for V4 herself, and pe070 for Morphs++, if you have them. Sounds like it was the Victoria 4 Developer Kit you installed.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 9:23 AM

Quote - Are you sure you installed the right download file? It should be file ps_pe069_Victoria4 for V4 herself, and pe070 for Morphs++, if you have them. Sounds like it was the Victoria 4 Developer Kit you installed.

Hmmm well when I bought V4 I got a whole bundle all in one including the developers kit etc.
The downloads I got just now are

Victoria 4.0 Morphs++ (Mac)
Victoria 4.0 Morphs++ DS Poses (Mac)
Victoria 4 Developer Kit (MAC)

My V4 was somewhere in these files originally !!!

Looks like I gotta contact Daz for the missing file huh?

D xxx

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 9:23 AM

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 9:44 AM

Yes, the Victoria 4.2 Base (MAC) file seems to be missing from your download pack.
Sorry, seems like only DAZ can sort it out for you.
Good luck!

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 10:06 AM

Quote - Are you sure you installed the right download file? It should be file ps_pe069_Victoria4 for V4 herself, and pe070 for Morphs++, if you have them. Sounds like it was the Victoria 4 Developer Kit you installed.

I think so, thanks hun I'm on the case

xxx

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 24 May 2008 at 10:06 AM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.