Wed, Sep 18, 2:08 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Motion Capture

RealDeal ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2008 at 1:10 AM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 11:53 AM

I've been doing other things for the last couple of years; I'm not sure what the situation is in reference to motion capture.
If I actually follow through on the project I just started, I'm going to need 10 minutes of poser facial/body v3-friendly motion capture right off the bat, then another 40-50 minutes worth over the next few months.
2-3 years ago, it would probably have been more cost effective to purchase a mocap system and do it myself; anyone know if thats still the case? or do I need to start shopping for a system?

nemirc ( ) posted Fri, 30 May 2008 at 9:29 AM

No idea either. I have zero experience with mocap technology :-/

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

madriver ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2008 at 4:46 PM

Quote - 2-3 years ago, it would probably have been more cost effective to purchase a mocap system and do it myself; anyone know if thats still the case?

Still is, I think. Simi has one for about 10 grand that uses digital dv cameras. But then again, if you have 10 grand you could probably book a mocap studio and get all you need (depending on where you live). With all the games begin produced, mocap studios are pretty prevalent.

digido ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 11:36 PM · edited Wed, 09 July 2008 at 11:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Invest in Mocap System not simple as you think . YOull be deal with alot hardware problem . Unless youll preserve to hire guys for IT , hardware technician and keyframe fixer , you`ll be spent your times with fix the mocap data .

Yes .. a lot studio using those  MOCAP system , but  still many studio  too doesnt have it for themselves and they still can produce nice animations even with Mocap data integrated in their projects . So how they do that ?  Rent or ask for custom mocap data !!

Mocap rely on bone structure and totally need hard work if you plan to using mocap data on figure/character which have different rig ( bones structures )

I recommended you ask  to studio which provide custom mocap data first than the option buy the system . So you can minimize wasted money but not really usefull problems . But if  you already had some calculation about finance and other problem with MOCAP things so go ahead

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.