Wed, Sep 18, 1:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Eyebrows for V3

RealDeal ( ) posted Sat, 07 June 2008 at 4:57 AM · edited Wed, 10 July 2024 at 2:13 PM

Howdy.
I've been working on a Audrey Hepburn morph for V3, circa 1961, and the time has come to try and do the eyebrows.
Yikes. I've always hated working on V2-V3 brows; they are a pain.
The way I've modified brows in the past is through transmaps, but after looking at Audrey's GIS images, I'm thinking that something different might be required; really the eyebrows just need to be in a different place entirely.
Suggestions?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 07 June 2008 at 5:09 AM · edited Sat, 07 June 2008 at 5:10 AM

Place the eyebrows on the head face texture itself and use a bumpmap for the whole face. Don't bother with the eyebro geometry. Just turn them invisable or use the hide brow morph.

They had thick heavy brows back then compared to the plucked streamlined or even penciled in brows of today.

edit for spelling, I hope.LOL.

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 11:18 PM

Quote - Place the eyebrows on the head face texture itself and use a bumpmap for the whole face. Don't bother with the eyebro geometry. Just turn them invisable or use the hide brow morph.

They had thick heavy brows back then compared to the plucked streamlined or even penciled in brows of today.

Pretty much what I was planning on, except possibly with some displacement mapping thrown in.; I was hoping someone could suggest something I hadn't tried before? The texture mapping method doesn't seem to work quite right when I render the results in Vue D'esprit; my current project allows me to do some rendering in Poser, so any face closeups can be done with firefly.

I really think her eyebrows are, I don't know, different. those suckers are way up there.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 11:45 PM

Displacement, yep that works too. LOL. You wouldn't think there would be any difference in using the texture in Poser or Vue. I've neve had a problem, what works for Poser works as well in Vue for me.

Yes, she does have quit the brows, the long thin neck too. I did a morph of her myself and found the same thing.

I just thought of something, are the brows on the figure not hiden or not completely invisable with specularity not quit turned down to 0. That may be giving Vue a different look. Maybe the transfer from Poser is not translating right to Vue. Just a guess.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.