Tue, Oct 1, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 8:55 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: MatrixWorkz Freebies on the Move

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:33 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

Because ShareCG is becoming so unreliable and I no longer have any faith in the site hosting, I am moving all of my freebies in the next couple of weeks to my Blog on Windows Live. The first 6 items in my freebies collection have been moved to my Windows Live Blog space. I have 5 Gig's worth of free storage there and can upload files up to 50 megs each so I hope to have all my freebies moved in the next two weeks.

My Freebies

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 12:50 PM · edited Fri, 13 June 2008 at 12:51 PM

@MatrixWorkz....so what is this problem you have there...as a Free Stuff Mod I regularily approve stuff for that site with zero problems. We [RendoStaff] are in the process of sorting out what seems to be happening for the 3 so far reports of problems at sharecg. If you could be  bit more specific instead of just saying it doesn't work maybe we could resolve this problem 3 folks have reported.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 6:02 PM · edited Fri, 13 June 2008 at 6:04 PM

They've had almost six months now to fix the issues they had with their revenue sharing and not a single word has come out from them about how they're progressing in their forums. I'm sorry but their inability to communicate with their userbase has gone on for too long now. Now they're coding is causing browsers to lock up and frankly, I just want people to be able to access my freebies.

I was a supporter when they suspended the revenue sharing because frankly, it needed fixing. Their inability to communicate with their userbase however has caused me to loose all faith that they're working towards a solution in that area. The only noticable new coding that is apparent from a user standpoint is the addition of more and more intrusive advertising to the site. Now with the Java screens scrolling across my desktop and causing browsers to lock up, I've just had enough.

My freebies will still be available and I'm relinking all my uploaded material to my Windows Live Blog where I have 5 Gigs of space with a 50 Meg limit on each upload. That should serve me just fine and make my freebies reliable available.

My Freebies

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 6:25 PM

As you wish, I'm not advocating to use them, just trying my hand a solving a small problem,[small as in 3 reports from all the users here at Renderosity{2839 online at this writing}] but I'm also not trying to minimize the problem. As I stated previously we [the Renderosity Staff] are on this particular case and have been since the first report.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 8:59 PM

Only 3 reports here so far but I see more reports at DAZ and a few other sites as well. I am not against anyone else using them. I just do not wish to send any more income traffic their way considering the silent treatment we're getting from them on the revenue sharing issue and the continued increase I'm seeing in new intrusive advertising there.

My Freebies

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 1:50 AM

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of problems there. Maybe I better keep an eye on them and be ready to move my freestuff too...sigh.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 2:52 PM

We have 5 reports so far to my knowledge, but nought I can do about it but to say yet again that our Admin is talking to their Admin...we'll see what comes of that.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 3:14 PM

Well it's a total mystery to me because as I have said I have zero problems, if I came of snippy I do apologize...as a Mod in this Forum I just feel a bit responsible to the members and reply so they're aware they are being listened to here at least, and we are trying to resolve the issue.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 3:25 PM

Sorry bout that Bobby I deleted my post because I was the one coming off as "Snippy" and I was hoping I deleted it before you saw it.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 3:39 PM

Quote - Well it's a total mystery to me because as I have said I have zero problems, if I came of snippy I do apologize...as a Mod in this Forum I just feel a bit responsible to the members and reply so they're aware they are being listened to here at least, and we are trying to resolve the issue.. ...

There's really no need foryou or any of the mod's here to feel responsible for another site. I'm certainly not holding anyone here accountable for their bad coding. I only made this thread to make you guys aware that I was moving my stuff and will be editing all my links myself as I get items moved over. That's all on me and nobody else needs to do anything about it.

My Freebies

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 9:09 PM

I'll check it after here, and as an aside...2 Bryce members who were having problems now report flawless downloads so I guess the squeaky wheel does indeed get greased.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 9:15 PM

Seems to work o k but it's the 3rd item on the second page for me.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 11:12 PM

Ok Everything here that was linking there has now been linked to my Windows Live Blogspace and I've added a few items to the freebies section here that were there but had never been linked to over here.

The entire Jupiter 2 Project now has a nice Blog entry with all of the files in it in one place. You can find the blog entry HERE.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.