Sat, Aug 3, 5:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 5:06 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Father's and Gay Pride Russian Egg Freebie!

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:44 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:24 AM

Attached Link: Father's Day Egg Watch

file_408298.jpg

This time, to honor the father's of ALL families, I've done a pocketwatch. It's egg shaped, but otherwise very traditional. The front is textured in silver with an eagle emblazoned. The inside is engraved with "Happy Father's Day". the clockface is traditional, with all hands working. The back also opens to show two fathers. This watch loads big, but can be resized to fit a standard character for a scene. Also included is a conforming EasyPose watch chain.

I'm dedicating this watch to my father, who's 86. He's always tried his best for his family, and always supported his chidren's families.

Have fun!

Jim

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:45 PM

file_408299.jpg

Here's the front open pic...

pdxjims ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:45 PM

file_408300.jpg

And the back open pic..

Have fun!

TheKatster ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:50 PM

Wow.. that's beautiful.. Kathryn

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 11:03 PM

Oh my, exquisite design.  Very nice.

Eternal Hobbyist

Indoda ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:47 AM

Fantastic work - thank you

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 2:56 PM

Very nice work...thanks for letting us know...Is this going to show up in Free Stuff here...obstensibly that's what this forum is for...previewing OUR free stuff.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

pdxjims ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 3:04 PM

I don't post in the freestuff download areas. If someone wants something of mine, they can check the forums.

I used to post there, but I'd get LOTS of downloads, and very few people actually using something. This helps keep the bandwidth lower. I use Comcast, and they're rumbling about enforcing download limits from personal sites.

Of course, if I'm violating some rule, let me know, and I won't post the freebies here anymore.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:34 PM · edited Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:36 PM

That's absolutely gorgeous! I love all of the eggs you've made, but I think this one is the best of all of them.

No you aren't breaking any rules.

While this forum was initially intended to advertise freebies posted in the Renderosity free stuff area, that rule was changed. It's now for all freebies whether in the free stuff area here on Renderosity or any other site.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:37 PM · edited Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:38 PM

Quote - that's what this forum is for...previewing OUR free stuff.. ...

Bobby, that may have been the intial intention, but that changed. Too many members were against it and now this forum is for all freebies, be  it here at Renderosity or anywhere else.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:53 PM

Quote - that's what this forum is for...previewing OUR free stuff.. ...

I did some digging, here is one of the official posts indicating the change:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2963204&ebot_calc_page#message_2963204

Quote - The Freestuff forum will be for freestuff providers to announce any freestuff items that would like whether its Freestuff from Renderosity's freestuff area or if its a link to a freestuff item that hasn't been uploaded to our Freestuff area. Its a place to give feedback to the freestuff provider(s) and place "wishes" for future freestuff items you would like to see.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:35 PM

Considering the fact that Renderosity doesn't actually host any freebies onsite unless the provider has a file locker here, that would be pretty dumb. Nearly all the freebies in the freebie section link to offsite files.

My Freebies

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 9:33 AM

Hello All...some how I missed the memo allowing all free stuff to be posted here as long as it doesn't lead to a commercial site. Many apologies to any offended parties by my slightly acerbic comment above...keep up the great work free stuff builders, and kudos on your fine [collectively] Community Spirit.. ... 

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

OKCRandy ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:51 PM

Really nice, great work again Jim.

Thanks
Randy

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 11:40 PM · edited Sun, 15 June 2008 at 11:44 PM

Quote - Hello All...some how I missed the memo allowing all free stuff to be posted here as long as it doesn't lead to a commercial site.

??? Where did you get that bit about not leading to a commercial site???? ShareCG makes money off our Freebies so that makes it a commercial site. Aery Soul, Eclipse Studios, OKCRandy and many others who sell merchandise in their own stores still share their freebies here. Someone needs to have a meeting about the rules me thinks......

My Freebies

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 11:54 PM

Uh... and don't forget the nice egg watch.

See the pretty egg watch? It glitters! Hands work and everything. Ya know, the reason for the thread? It's FREE. Let simple mistakes go. It's no big deal. Drama is better on stage.

sigh

By the way, Acadia is my hero**.** Thank you.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 12:20 AM

Quote - By the way, Acadia is my hero**.** Thank you.

hehe! I've just been blessed with a really good memory! It was my saving grace in nursing school. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.