Sun, Oct 6, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser dynamics don't load

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:48 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

Hi all,

I made a 30 frame cloth simulation (with the hi res square) in Poser and it all works well until i load the Poser file into Vue 6 Infinte.

It does not matter if i only import frame 30 or the whole animation, either way the cloth simulation does nothing no more 😕

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

ArtPearl ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:47 PM · edited Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:48 PM

Do you need the whole simulation or only the last (or another specific single step? I always write out the cloth as an object file, apply the final pose to the first step, read back in the obj and delete the simulation. Alternatively you can spawn the last step as a morph and apply that to the cloth in step 1.
I got in the habit of doing that because when I save a scene with dynamic simulation (with P7) it forgets the whole simulation. I dont know if anyone else has this bug, maybe a Mac specific.
I dont do any other animations except cloth so I dont know how to solve your problem 'properly', but creating morphs has other advantages, like being able to continue a new simulation from the last step of the previous simulation.
( If this isnt clear but might be useful, ask I'll elaborate)
Good luck
PS quite often a hi-res plane from Poser isnt realy hi-res enough, unless you are simulating a handkerchief:)

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 1:12 PM

Hi,

I totally forgot about 'Spawn Morph Target'

That did the trick, and all is fine now 👍

Thanks !!

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2008 at 6:26 AM

sirenia, I think there is a known issue with trying to import a dynamic poser scene on macs into vue.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

MyCat ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2008 at 7:06 AM · edited Mon, 23 June 2008 at 7:06 AM

Also remember that while Poser numbers frames from 1 to 30, Vue numbers them from 0 to 29, so import frame 29 instead of 30.

Tguyus ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2008 at 9:46 PM

FWIW, I've just started using V6I, with most of my work involving animations with dynamic cloth imported from Poser 6 (I have P7 but don't use it anymore since it is awful at cloth sims and the main advantage of better firefly render times is now moot given my shift to V6I). 

What I've discovered is that the dynamic cloth sim sometimes imports and sometimes doesn't.  I haven't done enough testing to know what's causing the cloth sim import failures, but I have discovered that if I want it to work every time, I make sure I do the following steps:

1.  save my PZ3
2.  set up and run the cloth sim(s)
3.  save the PZ3 again

Cloth sim imports properly every time.

I do know that if I move a PZ3 from one directory to another, the cloth sim import usually fails, even if I also move all the associated files, like the dyn and tmp files. 

Also note that I do not use external morphs.  Don't know if that makes a difference, but in case it affects the above solution one way or another...

good luck

bigbearaaa ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 8:42 PM · edited Fri, 04 July 2008 at 8:47 PM

As a part of the Vue bug about 80% - 90% of all the hair that's available for figures is useless.  The programmers at e-on must like bald women. :(((  Is there a work around for this bug?
The hair isn't dymamic in the sense that cloth is.  Most of it has movement morphs so it isn't exactly the same problem but it does only happen to prop hair not hair that conforms to the figure.  Since the hair has movement morphs built in I don't normally need a dynamic symulation for it.  
     Since this is what I would classify as a serious bug in Vue why aren't they fixing it?  Let's face it the hair IS there in the saved scene all Vue has to do is read that part of the file and handle it the same way it handles other objects.
   Does this problem occur with all objects that are parented to a figure?
     It doesn't always fail to load either.  Some of it just gets loaded with wrong textures or really odd morphs.  Begins to sound to me as if it's trying to apply the figure textures to the hair for some odd reason.  Since their are no files amongst the figures specific files to define the hair that may be why it's not showing up.

Going off to do an experiment.  I'm going to use conforming hair but parent it rather than conforming it to see if my feeling about what's causing the bug is correct.  Willl post results when I have them. 

bigbearaaa ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2008 at 9:14 PM

Did the test.  Doesn't matter whether you actually conform conforming hair to the figure or parent it.  Must be something different in the files defining the hair or clothing items when they aren't conforming items.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 5:35 AM

You need to examine the pz3 and see if the pathway for the prop hair is incorrect or not.
Open the pz3 in a text editor.  Then search for example saphire if it is saphire fox hair and then see if the path is correct or not.
Are you using latest version of vue? r u on mac or pc?
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

bigbearaaa ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:56 AM

file_409497.jpg

Did some playing around. I haven't tried it on dynamic clothing as yet but in following a suggestion I got elsewhere to make sure I wasn't compressing my output files from Poser I found a setting that says "Use External Morph Targets".  since prop hair and dynamic clothing don't have conforming morphs I figured that it might have something to do with the problem. Turrning it off worked wonders.  The prop hair loads and renders fine now. I would definitely try that with the dynamic clothing since the prop hair and dynamic clothing have similar propertys.

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 1:11 PM

Turning off Use external binary morphs solves so many problems it's unreal.  Gods alone knows why that is set on by default but it really shouldn't be.  Since I turned that off, I've had zero problems importing anything from Poser into Vue

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.