Mon, Sep 9, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: No twisting on conforming figures????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 7:57 AM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 7:18 AM

Can someone tell me how to stop a conforming item (clothing) from twisting from the base figure?

Im creating a piece of clothing that needs to be rigid, and i have clicked the "bend" option to remove the bending(which works) and then tried to remove any reference of "twisting" in the CR2 but still the figure twists in time with the base figure its conformed to.... is there any way to stop this...

to give you an idea of what im trying to achieve im conforming a peice of armour to the forearm of V4, it must not bend due to the armour going over the elbow, which i have done, but now the issue arrises that when i twist V4's hand the armour twists also, making the armour that covers the elbow cut through the shoulder region of V4....

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

manoloz ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 8:00 AM

edit your joint limits for that part

still hooked to real life and enjoying the siesta!
Visit my blog! :D
Visit my portfolio! :D

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 9:13 AM

i tried altering everything in the joint editor but still the conforming clothing twists when i twist V4......hmmm starting to think that once something is conformed to V4 it will twist weather you like it or not

jonthecelt ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 10:17 AM

Would it not be better, in this instance, to make the part which you want inflexible a prop, and parent it to the relevant bodypart?

JonTheCelt

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 12:48 PM

This may be a drastic solution but you could set the twist zones (twist bar and sfzs) to do nothing to the figure.  That is, without twist deformations there is no way the clothing can twist when conformed, ey?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 7:07 PM

Hi !

Have you try Objects->Lock actor ?

I always use this for the toes when my character wear heels

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 11:25 PM

Wouldn't 'Lock actor' stop it from moving at all - or does the conforming figure still react to the figure to which it is conformed?

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 4:08 AM

kuroyume0161 - an excellent idea that i overlooked but sadly it doesnt work, it stops the twist on the the clothing but when conformed it still twists with the main figure....

jonthecelt - sadly in turning the clothing into a smart prop it still inherits the twist motion of the figure it is "smarted" to.....

im starting to think this is not possible....lol

Thankyou all for you time and help.... 

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 4:12 AM

Quote - Wouldn't 'Lock actor' stop it from moving at all - or does the conforming figure still react to the figure to which it is conformed?

It stop moving only if it is not the parent object, select only an arm and lock it, if you select the hip the arm dont move, if you select the body the arm follow ...

I'm french, difficult to be understand :-)

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

jonthecelt ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 11:58 AM

I think it would help to give advice if we could see some screen caps of the problem and item you're trying to work on - I'm having difficulty visualising it.

JonTheCelt

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:00 PM

file_408592.jpg

I hacked the cr2 of the wizard robes to solve this problem -- I didn't want the robe sleeve to twist with the forearm. I used Cr2Editor to go into the channels of the robes rForeArm and lForeArm and delete the twistX twistx section.

nyguy ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:15 PM

Quote - I hacked the cr2 of the wizard robes to solve this problem -- I didn't want the robe sleeve to twist with the forearm. I used Cr2Editor to go into the channels of the robes rForeArm and lForeArm and delete the twistX twistx section.

Instead of deleting them would have been better to force limits in the CR2 and make the limits to 0 for both max and min and hidden them.
On the Pitdroid figure on my website that is what I did to stop unneeded rotations and twists.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 3:23 PM

Quote - Instead of deleting them would have been better to force limits in the CR2 and make the limits to 0 for both max and min and hidden them.

Could you tell me why limits and hiding is preferable to deleting? I guess I'm not understanding the benefits.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 5:49 PM

It all depends upon whether or not limits are respected by conforming rotations.  Poser IK ignores limits - try it.  So, if conforming ignores them, no matter what value is used, it will not help.  You'll have to test this to see what happens.

Actually, the idea of deleting the twist channels was the first one that came to mind for me - but I wasn't certain that it would not have side-effects so I offered the alternative. :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.