Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: October Photography Forum Challenge - Graceful Dilapidation

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 12:52 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 3:28 AM

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 9:25 AM

file_414786.jpg

Pinch punch first of the month :) Getting this underway with the delapidated fence I am replacing

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:17 PM · edited Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:19 PM

Wonderful Ronnie!!!  :-)  Oh, now, this is gonna be FUN!!!  :thumbupboth: !!

P. Vermeulen

Alz2008 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:58 PM

file_414792.jpg

Heres mine just an old boat..

Alz2008 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 2:09 PM

file_414793.jpg

Heres another one an old jetty..

PD154 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 3:19 PM

Nice entries Alz, that boat is great :)

It takes one tree to make a billion matchsticks, but one match to burn a billion trees

tizjezzme ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 8:00 PM

Excellent Alz .. Love 'em both!!!

I've been swamped with work lately, I didn't have the chance to thank EVERYONE who participated in last months Challenge "CoNtrIdicTioN"... it was quite the challenge, wasn't it ???  You all made it so fun, with your contributions & SPIRIT!!!  

Now ... on with October .. let's have more fun!!  :-)

Hmmmm... I was thinking of posting a self-portrait in this one.   lol 

P. Vermeulen

mbz2662 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 11:54 PM

LOL Shari... we could make it a group shot ;0) 

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 5:26 AM

Rofl..I nearly did that, I couldn't be more delapidated with all my ailments :)

frankman ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 6:19 AM · edited Thu, 02 October 2008 at 6:20 AM

LOL Shari.. i've had the same idea with the self-portrait. But than i realised that the theme is GRACEFUL Dilapidation.. so forget it. :- )

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 6:28 AM

LOL oh you guys age so gracefully, it makes me ill.  It just isn't fair.  Thanks for the morning laugh; its' a great way to start the day.  :-)

P. Vermeulen

Flannelman ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 11:06 AM

Personal photos only work if there is a before and after (lol).
A geriatric group shot is bouncing around in my head.  Or a mirror shot ;-)
3 good ones so far.
fm ;-)

artaddict2 ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 12:36 PM

These three so far already set a high standard, I'll be searching around with eyes wide open for a good one!   great stuff everyone!

awjay ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:17 PM

tarrant rushden

an old wartime air field......

PD154 ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:27 PM

Excellent entry James!

busi2ness ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:45 PM

Jeeze Shari, you make it so difficult I hardly showed my face in the previous challenge but I drummed up some support and we are really going to show you what's talent in this one, hehe!
:b_blush:

I am seriously looking at some captures I made tonight. It seems the contributions above are all so spot on! Good stuff ladies and gentlemen!

Your collage is really splendid Shari, it is good to see the love and dedication you put into these forums and it shows in the amount of fun we have. Ok, enough of this mushy stuff...

By the way, can you upload anything Shari, or are you just talk?

Ronnie, shuffle through your pics, let's see what we can do do shake up this place, I WILL be back later...
:b_tonguewink:

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 3:51 PM

:b_cool:   Oh you GUYS .... its ON !!!!!  And, piet, you're askin' for it.  :b_blush:

P. Vermeulen

busi2ness ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:33 PM

file_414873.jpg

I could not help but wonder if some of the structural damage was caused by the dynamite explosion of the 1930's. The place saw so many people and things pass during it's lifetime. Almost like a silent witness... Enough of that, lol.

I hope this works as an entry to the challenge.

I see "some" people have still to come up with a response to the challenge! :sneaky: :rolleyes:

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 9:41 PM

patience my dear ...  🆒

I gotta say, that photo Piet is awesome; perfect for this challenge... "Graceful .........." is right on.

P. Vermeulen

DreamersWish ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 11:13 PM

file_414876.jpg

This is a go at it.  I have had it for months, but I have another idea and will post as soon as I can get the image.  Fantastic and beautiful images so far!

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:29 AM

Great entry Piet, the rustiness is outstanding, Beth this is interesting, would like to see that structure more closely, looks great :)...Come on Shari get weaving rofl..

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:59 AM

Oh relax Ronnie! Shari will only visit the forum again at the end of the month. She poses no threat as far as a challenge goes...  :lol:

MrsLubner ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:22 AM

So much banter so early in the morning... (Yawn...) Slept right through the first two days of this challenge and now look how far behind I am! I see my fence has already been taken (Ronnie), and my garage (James) and I did have an idea about the old rice mill but ... too much like Piet's shot.  Beth's is great ... all in all, I guess I need to actually move around town a bit to come up with something...unless I can re-post that shot of the back of my house with the growing trash pile (refer to last month's challenge...)!

I'll be back.........

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

Drea71 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:45 AM

file_414893.jpg

Oh, this was fun - especially as I just had to put on some shoes and walk a few steps down the road...

Drea71 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 9:46 AM

file_414894.jpg

And another shot from the same "house" (or whatever that was before it started looking like this)

Fred255 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:37 AM · edited Fri, 03 October 2008 at 10:37 AM

There is some very good entries here so far!  I will try and get a photo of my Dad sitting on the garden bench this weekend. The bench is fine he is in a state of Dilapidation!

ecurb - The Devil

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 11:24 AM

LOL@PJ.. Drea71  these are super shots, LOL@David

busi2ness ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 12:40 PM

Hehe, now I don't side with you David, you are looking for serious trouble with the old guy and I ain't gonna help ya!

Wow, Drea, where have you been madam? These are excellent uploads.

Beth, I am so glad you joined in... now if we could just get the two other ladies to also join in and do an upload. I am not going to mention names but here's a clue: they are coordinators. :tongue1:

David stick with us, don't leave, get your pics selected, the fun is about to begin...

Drea71 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 12:56 PM

file_414895.jpg

Glad you like my images. Even went "all the way there" once again (I guess this building is about 30m from the house I live in - which actually of course looks a lot better - so it was really an effort) to take another detail-shot...

PD154 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 5:34 PM

Another winner Drea :)...I must have a look around this weekend, see what else I can come up with!

tizjezzme ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 6:42 PM

Such great entries so far .. wow!!!  I'm so pleased!!

You know ... with all the dilapidation all around me here, I have to be choosy ... it's only the 3rd of the month, and I can only upload THREE?   Jeez ... I thought that was 2 months ago, power of 3's... now I"m confused.  It's been a week. 

P. Vermeulen

Laelia ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:18 AM

file_414931.jpg

A rusty motorbike "carcass" leaved in a wood ....

The round white " ball" is a mushroom .....

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 1:07 PM

file_414934.jpg

Out for a drive this morning; I found all kinds of dilapidation around me.  I thought this might be perfect for the challenge.  Hope this meets your approval ... Ronnie & Piet?  🆒

P. Vermeulen

Laelia ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 1:38 PM

Ah Shari !!! a post of you !!!
;)

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 12:24 AM

Very good captures Shari and Magali. I take back my words Shari, bravo.

I am off to the bush to find some suitable material, watch this space. :sneaky:

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:17 AM

Great captures coming in now, and yes Shari, this more than meets with my aproval:)
I went back to work this weekend, after a three year break, OMG, the reality of it :(

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:18 AM

looks like it made me leave out a P too :)

bmac62 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:54 AM

file_414969.jpg

Meet Sally and William graciously dilapidating together. Or should I say snuggling ever closer.

The surfaces of the head stones are weathering. Much of the writing has faded.  William was a soldier in the War of 1812 (another lengthy skirmish with the King of England :-)). Looks like both bases are slowly sinking and poor Sally's stone has been broken off and roughly recemented with some very unsightly mortar.

Haven't found any crumbling buildings yet, but maybe this makes a better story anyway?

Bill

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes."

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 8:11 AM

Nice shot Bill, I like this, I shot a few gravestones one time, but then lost them in a crashdown, taught me to backup now :)

ShadowsNTime ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 9:04 AM

file_414973.jpg

Not sure if this fits or not , but my first thought was 'horseless shoe' and I liked the rust and still being able to read part of the info on it:-) It reads: ST PIERRE, WORCHESTER MA. FORGED STEEL and after researching horseshoes this would be the kind glued on (also used for horseshoe pitching) If it doesn't fit feel free to delete it:-)

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 9:31 AM

It fits!!!!!!, Nice shot Lynn

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 11:48 AM

file_414976.jpg

Went out for a short drive with Emma today and came across this, it used to be the offices for the cemetery then it got taken over by the grounds maintainence crew.  Its now up for demolition.  This is also my first attempt at HDR, although it was taken around midday I tried to make it a bit spooky being in the grave yard and geting on for holloween.

Hope it fits the bill.

MrsLubner ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 12:41 PM

Now this is really outstanding. You got all you were going for and more.  I'm still looking but I just don't have enough energy to leave the house this weekend. sigh...

Flannel Knight's Photos
MrsLubner
Forum Moderator
                                          Robert Brault

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 1:56 PM · edited Sun, 05 October 2008 at 1:56 PM

file_414978.jpg

I don't know about the Graceful bit but it is certainly Dilapidated.

Taken into the sun, just as the sun had gone over the hill.  Sepia tone and resize.

PD154 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 2:26 PM

Nice entries Jeff, I used the gizmo today, so I may have a pano or two in the gallery soon :)

Laelia ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 3:39 PM

Quote - Now this is really outstanding. You got all you were going for and more.  I'm still looking but I just don't have enough energy to leave the house this weekend. sigh...

Hi PJ,
are you a little low in spirit ... or  jamed by the weather or anything else to do ?
Hope you will stand up and make us see a graceful dilapidation caught around you

You can write me a mail too...........

my cam is in the way of death ..... :m_bawling:

So please, shot a photo thinking I am with you searching a good pic.....

Amitiés
Magali

Fred255 ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 5:12 PM · edited Sun, 05 October 2008 at 5:14 PM

Lord Edward Pelham-Clinton

Bent Family Memorial

Here are a couple taken yesterday  In Brookwood Cemetery

ecurb - The Devil

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:02 PM

file_414984.jpg

Here's a piece of an outbuilding from a soon-to-be-vacant lot near my house...

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:07 PM

file_414985.jpg

And another bit of oxidation...

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:09 PM

file_414986.jpg

And the roof of someone's mailbox in my neighborhood... ( I don't really live in a slum, it's just that those are the interesting things to photograph!  I think clean and new is rather boring)

DreamersWish ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 7:35 PM

file_414989.jpg

I am not sure if this is graceful at all, but definately it is dilapidated.  It was farther away than I would have liked, but this is the best I could do with 55mm lens.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.