Sun, Sep 15, 11:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: SkinVue 64-bit Platform Support

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 11:29 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 6:05 AM

A couple of quick updates on the subject of 64-bit platform support for SkinVue.

1. For current SkinVue 6 PC users, you can download a multi-platform wxPython installer here in order to install either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of wxPython into your main Vue application folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzitjgoormh

This will allow you to run SkinVue6 on 64-bit PC platforms.

1. For the upcoming SkinVue7, 64-bit support is already built in to the product so there is no need to download the additional wxPython library

fivecat ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 12:40 PM

Fantastic!  I am sooo happy to have skinvue again. Thank you!

works on the new M4 no problem, too. 

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 12:51 PM

Wow, Dave, you are going to make new friends today!

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 1:11 PM

Quote - Fantastic!  I am sooo happy to have skinvue again. Thank you!

works on the new M4 no problem, too. 

It works provided you don't use the M4 Genitals object.  There is a new SkinVue6.3DAZ Plugin update I just uploaded to C3D.  Give Christie a couple of days and then re-download the plugin so that SV6 works completely on M4.

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 1:19 PM

I reckon you might be having a few sales of SkinVue now - us 32bit users have been saying how great it is for ages and causing much wailing and gnashing of teeth among 64 bit users

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 2:18 PM

Great news!  I still don't have a 64 bit machine - but will some day...  I do at least have M4.  Looking forward to the update!!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 3:01 PM

Great news :woot: Thank you!!!!!

This make my Day :thumbupboth:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 4:00 PM

file_416098.jpg

Ok! It works on my system here a quick test. Vue Infinite 6.60-04 Build 292711 Windows Vista 64 Ultimate.

Mazak

Copy past of the readme:

*wxPython for Vue

Built by Dave Burdick and Ben Leveau
October, 2008

wxVersion: 2.8.6.1
PythonVersion: 2.4
Platforms: Win32 and Win64

Installation Instructions:

Run the wxPythonPC_2.8.exe file which will install either the Win32 or Win64 version of wxPython automatically.
Make sure you chose the correct install directory which should be the root Vue application folder.

For example:

PC: C:/Program Files/e-on Software/Vue 7 Infinite

The contents will copy and/or overwrite into the Python folder

Installation Contents:

Python/PythonLib/wx - the main wxPython folder
Python/PythonLib/wxPython - a wxPython support folder
Python/PythonLib/ElementTree.py - a script used for xml processing
Python/Scripts/wxExample.py - a sample script which demonstrates the usage of wxPython in Vue

Using the Sample Script program wxExample.py

1. After you have installed this package, fire up Vue
  2. Load the script wxExample.py  Automation -->Run Python Script
  3. The sample script can be found in the Python/Scripts folder
  4. The sample script is well commented and explains how to construct a wxPython GUI interface

For more information about programming with wxPython, visit http://www.wxpython.org/

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

melikia ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 4:30 PM

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

you are a miracle worker, Dave!!!

now... i just have to get infinite, then i can have skinvue... oooooo yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bouncies all around, excited

Rarer than a hairy egg and madder than a box of frogs....

< o > < o >    You've been VUED!    < o > < o >
         >                                                     >
         O                                                    O

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2008 at 7:11 PM

Thanks Dave for posting this. It is much appreciated by us all.

I suspect that the VueTools toolbar will now work on 64-bit PC's. Hurray!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 10:11 AM

Doesn't work for me it does nothing.  I have SkinVue, I have the Daz plugin and a 64-bit OS and installed this per the instruction, fire up Vue 6 infinite  go to run the scripts and they do absolutely nothing.

My Facebook Page

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 10:51 AM

Quote - Doesn't work for me it does nothing.  I have SkinVue, I have the Daz plugin and a 64-bit OS and installed this per the instruction, fire up Vue 6 infinite  go to run the scripts and they do absolutely nothing.

Open up the Vue Python console and try re-running the SkinVue app.  Let me know what the error message is.  I suspect it's because you did not install wxPython correctly or installed it into the wrong place.  You can test if wxPython is working correctly by opening up the VuePython console and typing in:

import wx

if it comes back without an error message, then wxPython is installed correctly

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 12:50 PM

file_416188.jpg

I think I may know what the problem is. For some reason I do not have a E-on software folder in either of my C: Program Files (x86) or C: Program Files. Another words instead if having a normal pathway like  C:/ Programs Files/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite where everything is installed to instead all the contents of the e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder has just been dumped straight into the C:/ Program Files. I don't understand this because when I installed Vue it asked me for a location to install to but no e-on Software folders were created.

So, if this is the case then SkinVue, the plugins and the new wxPythong are not in the right place.
See screen shot

My Facebook Page

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 12:51 PM

file_416189.jpg

> Quote - I think I may know what the problem is. For some reason I do not have a E-on software folder in either of my C: Program Files (x86) or C: Program Files. Another words instead if having a normal pathway like  C:/ Programs Files/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite where everything is installed to instead all the contents of the e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder has just been dumped straight into the C:/ Program Files. I don't understand this because when I installed Vue it asked me for a location to install to but no e-on Software folders were created. > > So, if this is the case then SkinVue, the plugins and the new wxPythong are not in the right place. > See screen shot

See second screen shot

My Facebook Page

offrench ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2008 at 3:07 PM

I had the same problem. Typing import wx in the console did an error.

I installed all the python files in a separate directory, then cut and pasted them manually in the Vue 6 directory.

Works normally now.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 1:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - I think I may know what the problem is. For some reason I do not have a E-on software folder in either of my C: Program Files (x86) or C: Program Files. Another words instead if having a normal pathway like  C:/ Programs Files/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite where everything is installed to instead all the contents of the e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder has just been dumped straight into the C:/ Program Files. I don't understand this because when I installed Vue it asked me for a location to install to but no e-on Software folders were created.

So, if this is the case then SkinVue, the plugins and the new wxPythong are not in the right place.
See screen shot

Yes, this is very weird and would explain why wxPython isn't working - because it's not located in the right place.  If you put the wx and wxPython folders into the Vue/Python/PythonLib path then it should work.  It is bizzare however that your Vue application installed in such an unusual way.  Perhaps this is a Vista quirk.

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 2:42 AM

Yes, it is probably a Vista quirk.

On my Vista 64 (French version), I have two different folders for program files.

One is : C: Program Files (x86), the other is named C:Programmes (in French), but it is only a display name. Its real name is C:Program Files.

When installing SkinVue and the Python scripts, it always seemed to end up in the wrong place: It created a C:/ Program Files (x86)/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder instead of installing it in the C:/ Programmes/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite one.

Installing it outside of any C:Program files folder and then relocating it manually worked for me.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 3:08 AM

Thanks Dave, this is very good news!
I installed it and it worked perfectly.

dburdick ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 5:04 AM

Quote - Yes, it is probably a Vista quirk.

On my Vista 64 (French version), I have two different folders for program files.

One is : C: Program Files (x86), the other is named C:Programmes (in French), but it is only a display name. Its real name is C:Program Files.

When installing SkinVue and the Python scripts, it always seemed to end up in the wrong place: It created a C:/ Program Files (x86)/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder instead of installing it in the C:/ Programmes/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite one.

Installing it outside of any C:Program files folder and then relocating it manually worked for me.

Hmm, perhaps my installer program is not working correctly on Vista.  It is supposed to prompt you for a location to install the wxPython files.  The default location is wherever your $ProgramFiles/E-ons Software folder is.  Perhaps it's not picking this up on Vista.  At least it is installing the correct platform of wx (either 32-bit or 64-bit).

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 5:18 AM · edited Fri, 24 October 2008 at 5:18 AM

It is supposed to prompt you for a location to install the wxPython files.  The default location is wherever your $ProgramFiles/E-ons Software folder is.  Perhaps it's not picking this up on Vista.

The WXPython installer did not get the right folder. It proposed *C:Program Files/*e-on Software/Vue 7 Infinite. And when I changed this manually, I was not sure it installed it in the right place.

But is works OK now, including on Michael 4. I took advantage of the update to make a test and a post on my website. 

One question: when importing a character with hair as a separate object, I assume I have to choose only the character body, not the group, before swapping materials?
Also, I get a small error message when I choose a character on which materials have already been swapped, but it is not really a problem.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 1:21 PM · edited Fri, 24 October 2008 at 1:21 PM

Indeed, the installer proposed a wrong location (same as Offrench mentioned), which I found particularly strange because it mentions Vue 7 (which of course I don't have LOL). But once I corrected it, browsing to the correct location, it worked fine. Anyway, the installer for SkinVue 6.3 itself also doesn't point to the right location, in my case.

I have Vista Home Premium 64b.

Rutra ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2008 at 1:23 PM

Quote - "when importing a character with hair as a separate object, I assume I have to choose only the character body, not the group, before swapping materials?"

I chose the entire object, hair, clothes, everything, and it works fine.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 10:55 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I think I may know what the problem is. For some reason I do not have a E-on software folder in either of my C: Program Files (x86) or C: Program Files. Another words instead if having a normal pathway like  C:/ Programs Files/e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite where everything is installed to instead all the contents of the e-on Software/Vue 6 Infinite folder has just been dumped straight into the C:/ Program Files. I don't understand this because when I installed Vue it asked me for a location to install to but no e-on Software folders were created.

See screen shot

Yes, this is very weird and would explain why wxPython isn't working - because it's not located in the right place.  If you put the wx and wxPython folders into the Vue/Python/PythonLib path then it should work.  It is bizzare however that your Vue application installed in such an unusual way.  Perhaps this is a Vista quirk.

She's working now Dave Yahooo! Thanks!!

My Facebook Page

jc ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 12:27 AM

Wonderful news David!
Especially since I'm switching over to XP Pro 64.

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 1:22 PM

SkinVue didn't work with Vue7 Infinite. I get this error:

*Python 2.4.2 (#67, Feb  6 2007, 12:04:18) [MSC v.1400 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Loading file D:Programmee-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:Programmee-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6.py", line 26, in ?
    os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:Programmee-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteSkinVue6PythonPythonLibwx'
    os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'D:Programmee-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteSkinVue6PythonPythonLibwx'
    os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 2:35 PM

Quote - SkinVue didn't work with Vue7 Infinite. I get this error:

os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)
    os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)
    os.chdir(wxPythonFolder)

Mazak

Hi Mazak,

What the error message is saying is that the wxPython libraries are not being recognized.  I need to add an update for SkinVue 6 that will do this since e-on changed the way paths work in Vue7 Python.  I should have an update for this today or tomorrow.  However, SkinVue 7 completely corrects this along with adding a bunch of new features.

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 2:40 PM

Thank you for your fast support!!!! I can't wait to get SkinVue 7 in my hands :D :thumbupboth:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 3:42 PM · edited Tue, 04 November 2008 at 3:50 PM

For anyone that's interested, listed below is a link to a zip file containing a patch to allow SkinVue6 to run on Vue7.  Please note, there are some issues which will not work properly in Vue7 when running SkinVue6:

Known Issues:

• The atmosphere files will produce very oversaturated lighting
  • The scene file atmospheres will produce very overstaturated lighting

http://www.skinvue.net/downloads/SkinVue6_Vue7_Patch.zip

SkinVue 7 will be available shortly which has been optimized to run in Vue 7. To learn more about the features of SkinVue7, please visit http://www.SkinVue.net

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 4:01 PM

It did not work :(

File "D:Programmee-on softwareVue 7 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6.py", line 33, in ?
    import wx
  File "D:/Programme/e-on software/Vue 7 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
  File "core.py", line 4, in ?
    import core
ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193
    import wx
  File "D:/Programme/e-on software/Vue 7 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx__init
.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
    import core
    import wx
.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
  File "_core.py", line 4, in ?
    import core
ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193*

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 5:30 PM

Quote - It did not work :(

import wx
  File "D:/Programme/e-on software/Vue 7 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
    import core
    import wx
.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
    import core
    import wx
.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
  File "_core.py", line 4, in ?
    import core
ImportError: DLL load failed with error code 193*

Mazak

Mazak,

Are you using a 64-bit platform??  If so, you need to download the new wxPython libs from the top of this thread.  I see that you downloaded them from above.  So do the following:

1. Remove the old wxPython folders - wx and wxPython from /Python/PythonLib
  2. Copy over your 64-bit libs from your SkinVue6 that you downloaded from above

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 5:37 PM

Oh...Vue 7 has the new 64 bit python not by default? My mistake! Thank you.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 5:55 PM

I copied the files over and it works!! :woot:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dburdick ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 8:19 PM

Quote - Oh...Vue 7 has the new 64 bit python not by default? My mistake! Thank you.

Mazak

Yes, There is no wxPython that ships with Vue 7.  SkinVue7 automatically installs the right version (32-bit or 64-bit) on installation. 

Mister_Gosh ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 1:26 AM

Yay. I've been maintaining seperate 32 and 64 installs of Vue just so I could use SkinVue, that's some serious complexity I don't have to put up with any more, thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.