Sun, Oct 6, 6:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Rotating a Material 90 Degrees?

morphometry ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:07 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 4:32 AM

file_416372.jpg

This is a wood material, by bagginsbill.

It is node generated; in other words it's not just a texture, that I could rotate in photoshop.

Anybody know how I could get the texture of the wood to run up and down; rotated 90 degrees, clockwise, specifically?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:48 PM

The image you provided is incomplete, there are more nodes to the right which may govern the orientation of the wood.  The best way to manipulate the texture within Poser or Photoshop is to apply it to a primitive square and arrange it in the proper rotation.  You can it, export the image and open it in Photoshop for further post work.  If you are looking to create seamless tiles, generate a new file in Photoshop and drag you wood image over to the new layer.

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 5:56 PM

Plugging a V node into whatever is driving the pattern may work (or changing a U node to a V node). But without seeing the rest of the nodes it's hard to suggest where to try it.

kalonart.com

morphometry ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:39 PM · edited Sun, 26 October 2008 at 6:39 PM

file_416375.txt

I can post the 3 more screen shots it's going to take to view this whole material?

I was hoping we could insert some node to connect to the MatmaticSurface Diffuse_Color?

Attached is the material file.  Just rename it to WoodButcherBlock.mt5 when you download it.

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 7:09 PM

file_416379.txt

Lucky first stab at it...

kalonart.com

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 26 October 2008 at 8:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3294413&ebot_calc_page#message_3294413

This question came up last month, and bagginsbill posted an updated version of the Matmatic script for Wood (see linked thread).

If you want the grain to run at any other angle, then this should also be possible with a little extra code.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.