Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: I need some help with lights.

ValisArca ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 1:01 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

Hello everyone!

I've been mucking about with lighting int he past little while and I think I have some of it figured out. However I'd love it if you wonderful sages could direct me to some lighting tutorials for DAZ?

I did view the 'lamp' tut on this site...and it's great!...but I was looking as well for something that will elaborate on the environmental lights and such...like lighting an entire scene....that kind of stuff.

^_^

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 1:51 PM

There are some at Daz in their tutorial section....

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

KatFeete ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 3:27 PM

A couple that helped me out were maclean's tutorial:

digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

And Questor's:

questor.oldwolves.co.uk/tipsntricks/studio/studio01.htm

I find Questor's lighting models to be overkill  -- (I use a simple setup of two spotlights and one distant for most stuff) but needs differ -- I'm not doing many closeups or ultra-realistic renders.

You may also want this:

www.rubicondigital.110mb.com/Code/DSRenders.html

It's a tutorial designed to help you get faster renders which, as you start adding lights, you're gonna find REALLY helpful.

Good luck!

ValisArca ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 3:51 PM

Thanks!

bakes cookies for all

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.