Tue, Oct 22, 4:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Pine Forest

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 5:58 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:24 AM

Hi.

I am trying something a bit out of my ordinary subject matter and I would like to know if anyone can point me to any free sources of info on using the replicator object to create a realistic looking pine forest on a hilly slope?  The basic replicator info is a bit simplistic.  I am having issues making it appear smooth and random enough.  Any help appreciated.

Rich

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 6:42 PM

Are you using the "Surface" Replicator?
Have you brought the Hot Point on the tree to be used down to the bottom, and located it at the appropriate level on the "hill"?

Can you show a screen grab of your problem please.

Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 6:59 PM

file_417066.jpg

Is this of any help? Brian

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 6:59 PM

file_417067.jpg

And

bwtr

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 7:00 PM

file_417069.jpg

And

bwtr

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 7:57 PM

That's roughly what I am trying to do. Could you send me a bigger screenshot?  I can't see the settings.  And no I am bringing in a replicator object and adding 1 tree to it.  Thanks for the help.

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 8:13 PM

Gee whiz--are you say you are NOT using the SURFACE Replicator?

Losing me I am afraid!

I don't think I should need to do closer screen grabs!
Look at the area at which I have directed the arrows and think!

Brian

bwtr

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 8:29 PM

I tried to look at them, but the images aren't clear enough for me to make out.  I run at 1680x105 resolution so images can be hard to read at 800x500.  I see what areas you have put arrows in so I will try and figure it out.  I have never had to use this tool before.  Most of my models are scifi and very few terrain.  Thanks for the help anyway.  Could you tell me the difference between using the surface replicator and a regular replicator object?

bwtr ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 9:14 PM

Carrara Help/Manual---P351-353

And, you may want to buy Marks Tutes,, see the list under "Using the Replicators" on this page
http://www.markbremmer.com/3Bpages/carrara6Pro.html
Brian

bwtr

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 7:11 AM

Thanks for the info, I will check them out. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.