Tue, Oct 1, 9:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Friendly reminder - you need to gamma correct

JoEtzold ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 4:12 PM

Hi Bantha,  Grüße von der Bauruine am Fluß, die mal (wieder) ein Einkaufzentrum werden will ... irgendwann in diesem Jahrtausend ...

Bagginsbill, short question only for general understanding:  Is that Alitalia formula ... oops, KLM formula specific to cg rendered light ? Cause you have the light intensity in it. As far as I know in reality light will not operate in a linear manner.  So doubling light at it's origin not neccessarily mean's to have the double quantity at the goal.
B.t.w. could you have a look to my material thread, please ... needing a kick ... 😕

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 10:42 PM

Quote -
Bagginsbill, short question only for general understanding:  Is that Alitalia formula ... oops, KLM formula specific to cg rendered light ? Cause you have the light intensity in it. As far as I know in reality light will not operate in a linear manner.  So doubling light at it's origin not neccessarily mean's to have the double quantity at the goal.
B.t.w. could you have a look to my material thread, please ... needing a kick ... 😕

Actually it is linear. Doubling anywhere doubles it everywhere. I understand there is non-linear falloff with distance. However, the intensity of light striking a surface is doubled, regardless of the location or angle of that surface, if the original light intensity is doubled.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

gibby.g ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for this useful info bagginsbill, much appreciated!

santicor ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 3:41 PM

Those renders of the Poser  "Pad" are just sick - and I bet BB didn't even put a lot of effort into it.

Oh yes and I see poor Tom has just been hurt by Strahan ....Ah , memories of seasons past........

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.