Fri, Sep 20, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:20 pm)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 8:58 PM · edited Wed, 18 February 2009 at 9:00 PM

So... I talked to the vet this evening, after about a week and a half since the last contact - I forget exactly when we talked last. He is amazed that she's still around and seems to be slowly improving.
I'll be taking her in Saturday for bloodwork and checkup. That'll tell us where things stand, and whether she could be conditioned for a surgery.

I told the Vet, tongue in cheek, Tiggers rejected his diagnosis, and is doing her own thing.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

LadyElf ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 2:22 AM

I love that thought  Connie :)  It's good that she's going her own way ya know?

HUGS

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 4:37 AM

Yay Tigger!
Yay Connie!

Thanks for the update

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 5:54 AM · edited Thu, 19 February 2009 at 5:56 AM

Good for Tigger!  Sounds like it's black cats.  Our Ninja was given three weeks and pills to make him comfortable.  Two weeks later, he had a massive heart attack and went into a coma.  We couldn't bear to think of him cold, and put a blanket over him and waited for him to die quietly . . . four hours later he woke up and demanded breakfast; he was a lot better.  We had seven more glorious months with him before his final heart attack in Mrs. B's arms.  And right up to the last couple of days he was relatively active.  His back end was a bit wobbly and we had to follow him around when he went outside (picture if you will, Mrs. B in a voluminous nighty, following Ninja into a neighbour's garden while being illuminated by the police helicopter!!!  Cat's really don't always accept the vet's verdict.  We're very glad that our vets follow a policy of not putting animals down unless they're in pain or have no quality of life.

All the best to Tigger, you and family.  Tell Tigger she's to keep on being stubborn; the spirit of Ninja is approving!  (So is Griselda; she's also drooling into my keyboard as I'm rubbing her ears the way she likes lol.)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 11:11 PM

Yaaay, a poo and a pee in the litterbox again, on her own!  Well, I sat her in there, and she did her business. Puked when she strained herself a bit to poo.... Cardinal Biggles, you desribed it well when you mentioned shaky rear end. She's still shakey, but a week or so ago, she was too weak to even sit up. amd was peeing and pooping in her bed, in a diaper. Today, after she was done with the litterbox, and after about 30 sec rest, she beelined it up the kitty-stairs to the couch.
Also, when I came home, she was sitting outside her cubby waiting for me.

If theese aren't signs of improvement... I dunno what would be improvement... and of course, her moods have been pretty good. No trying to hide or run off to dark spots, instead she's coming out for snuggles more on more.
She's sitting here watching me type and slowly flicking, or rolling her tail around, and when I put my hand to her, she rubs her nose on it.... but I can tell she's ready to doze off pretty soon.

You guys, your amazing support and well wishes... they're working.
Tigger says BIG Thanks!

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 19 February 2009 at 11:23 PM

Really wonderful news and I agree definitely sounds like things are improving.  I think your vet will agree when you talk it over with him, and maybe then further treatment toward a more permanent cure can be prescribed.

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 2:23 AM

Yay !! Looks like Tigger is holding his own.  He's a little fighter by the sounds of it.  More power to him :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 6:14 AM

Yay Tigger; go Go GO!  Us kitty people have to stick together, hope things continue to go well. :)

arbee999 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 6:25 AM

Hooray Tigger!!

All the best for Saturday's trip to the Vet     :thumbupboth:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 11:43 AM

So, this morning, before going to work I fed her (she'sstill being tube fed). Shortly after that, she puked it all out :(

Since I had to run to work, I put some food and water near her, just in case. Few minutes after I put the food near her, she proceeded to chomp on it, big time. I'll know how much she ate when I check on her at lunch.

Go figure!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 1:14 PM

You got my prayers for her,too, for whatever good that'll do.  I think when ever I call, I get god's answering machine. LOL  What your lil darling is going through is why I don't have any pets. I can barely handle it when I'm messed up, but I can barely handle myself, much less anyone. or anything else.

Good luck to you and your's.  I mean that.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 5:08 PM

She looks exactly like my wife's cat Raven.  I know how she would feel if Raven got sick so I hope she is alright.

Quote - This is Tigger, my baby. I have no children of my own, so she is literally my baby, and has soaked many of my tears in her fur. She's 11 1/2

She's in a kitty hospital right now - she developed Jaundice. She'll be there for a few days, with a feeding tube in her.  We don't know what caused it yet and if she'll pull through.

Well, both, Tigger and I could use some good wishes and kind words. I keep thinking I'll never see her again, and it's devastating.

I've been crying for good 4-5 hours, since this morning when I dropped her off at the vet. I'm hoping to hear from them today on her progress.

smoke2002 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 5:35 PM

So glad to hear that Tigger seems to be feeling better.

I have had my cat for about nine years and cna only imagine what you are feeling. We're sending thoughts and prayers your way.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 3:48 AM

Glad Tigger is eating, hope everything goes well.

Nekokami ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 4:00 PM

Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you and Tigger. (And congrats on the proposal, too!) I'm cautiously optimistic for Tigger. It does seem like she's on the mend a bit.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 4:37 PM

Thanks everyone :)
Well, I decided to reschedule her vet appontment for later next week, or maybe next saturday. She had a bit of a rough evening and morning, with puking, so I didn't want to put her through more. I want to let her rest and have peace to digest at least couple solid meals. There's no rush to have the exam today.

She's doing good now, holding her food down, napping. Looks like her lapping-up milk is becoming a regular thing now (again). When she eats, ist's still not a lot, she seems to have a hard time swallowing. But, drinking milk regularly, I hope will condition her throat again.

I can imagine with a tube in it, and having gome through the infetion, it would have to be tender and uncomfortable.

Still alert and willful as ever. Spent the night with me again. So, the little setback with puking is, well, little - I hope. hehe, she seems solid asleep right now, enough to her her low key little snore (lik a heavy exhale).

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 8:27 PM

Hi Connie! Sorry I have been away but I am so pleased to hear that Tigger is still and continues to be thriving! Little setbacks are stressful, but sounds like she is doing a lot better then the previous weeks! :)

Hugs and Love from the Whole Gang here! :D

Ariana 

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 1:49 PM

Glad to hear that Tigger is lapping milk again.  Hope that will help her throat and that everything goes well at the next vet visit.  Mrs B sends her (slightly muffled) love for you and Tigger from under two cats.  (She's given up trying to sew lol)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 3:41 PM

Quote - Glad to hear that Tigger is lapping milk again.  Hope that will help her throat and that everything goes well at the next vet visit.  Mrs B sends her (slightly muffled) love for you and Tigger from under two cats.  (She's given up trying to sew lol)

Awww, that just sounds too cute! Thank you for the well wishes.

Having a rough day today, she is tad constipated. Well, not erally constipated, just having a rough time with poo. Took her to the litterbox at 2AM, when I heard her dry heaving. She peed and pooped some, but it's not all out.  I probably didn't give her enough of poo medicine (lactulose) in last couple of days, when she was eating on her own. There was a missed dose in there somewhere. 

We'll get through it! She's been fed and well hydrated tis morning, so things should improve by the end of the day :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 4:20 PM

YAY, she poo'd this morning while I was at work. All on her own, down about 10 kitty stairs to the litterbox, and back up. What a little trooper.
Pukied too, but that's to be expected from that much effort.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 23 February 2009 at 4:52 PM

Good for Tigger!

Connie, I wanted to ask...did you know that anti-biotics do not work if you (*humans) drink milk/dairy? I don't know if that holds true for kitties, but I would ask...it may aid her in getting better faster. There is a kitten formulae (*non-dairy) available at most places like Petsmart> http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3200147

Just in case.

Here's to Tigger!!!

Hugs

Ariana

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 4:18 AM · edited Tue, 24 February 2009 at 4:18 AM

Well done Tigger :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 10:05 AM

Yaaaay, after 2-3 iffy days, she is all purrs and snuggles and FEED ME this morning.
Dare I say the little setback is over.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 11:25 AM

We really hope so.  All the best to Tigger, you et al.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 24 February 2009 at 3:53 PM

Yay!!!!!! Tigger!!!!!

You go Girl! Next she'll be out catching mice for ya!!!

HUGS!

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 10:29 AM

MAJOR purrs and snuggles this morning. She was eyeballing crawling under the covers with me this morning, but after some contemplation went into her cubby (which also has a kitty-heating pad). Ate and drank a little bit on her own, then came out to be fed.

Yesterday I carried her outside. Usually I go and stand next to one of the trees, and she hets all excited and digs her claws into the bark and has a really good scratch. With a major gusto. One of those where she lifts half her body up doing it. It was pretty energetic yesterday. Not quite as energetic as a healthy cat, but not very feeble like it was couple of weeks ago either. She also walked about 20-30 feet, then peed in the grass.

She hasn't peed in her bed for over a week now, but has been going to the litterbox on her own. Seems like she's getting stronger :)  I better call the vet and make an appointment for saturday!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 11:10 AM

What really wonderful news Connie! Everyone here at my house are so very happy for you and Tigger! (* and Bubba Too!!!) I am so pleased to here she is doing so well... :) 

Keep up your good care, and tigger you stay strong and get healthier each day! (*Mommy it's time to get that digital camera ready!)

Big Hugs,

Ariana  

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 11:42 AM

Sounds like Tigger really has found a new lease of life!  Maybe all those prayers paid off huh? :)  Hope everything goes well on Saturday.  We hope your vet is totally confounded lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 12:18 PM

Yea, last time I talked to the vet, last week, he was already confounded and amazed and in disbelief.
I dunno, he was pretty quick to write her off after the ultrasound, even went as far as calling the mass a carcinoma, even though it didn't look like one. It looked more like a benign tumor or a cyst to the radiologist. They played it safe for her condition and didn't biopsy it, so really, they don't know what it is for sure.

Maybe that's how it goes in veterinary medicine, I'm guessing a lot of people don't put as much effort and money into saving an animal as they would with a person, so they get written off quicker.

Well, that's not good enough for Tigger or any of my animals. She obviously hasn't given up by any stretch of the immagination.

Or maybe with all the good wishes and positive energy we squashed the tumor! Eh, if only things worked that way.

What I think is happening, with her losing weight, the tumor probably shrank a tad, or there is enough room there for stuff to start coming out again. With people, one of the way to shrink tumors is to starve them in one way or another.  So, maybe this bought us enough time to get her in good condition for a surgery, and get that thing out of there.

When they did ultrasound, they did it an all of her organs, and there aren't any additional bad spots anywhere in the liver or her heart or kidneys etc... So, taking that tumor out, with a succesful surgery should give her good few years. I hope!!!!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 12:52 PM · edited Wed, 25 February 2009 at 12:53 PM

TRUE STORY! A wonderful little boy conquered his brain tumor by imagining it was an asteroid and every day he and his mom would visualize tiny space ships zapping it away... several months later the tumor was just plain gone! Astounded the doctors and everyone but his mom and him!!! We think about Tigger everyday in this thread, it hopefully gives you strength and courage, which your positivity passes along to Tigger!!! We can now work on zapping the tumor now that Tigger is back up and dealing with the day to day better... : )

Hugs, prayers and kisses to the brave little Tiger in Tigger! (*and her Mommy!)

Ariana, Don, and the Zoo!!!

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 1:24 PM

Such great news!  I think all of the prayers and positive thoughts directed at you and Tigger are helping.  Lots of positive healing energy coming your way!  😄

Summer44 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 3:06 PM

Hello Conniekat ! Ariana send me a mail to say me that you need prayers for Tigger. 
So we are here for him and you, we send you all our affection.      

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quote - TRUE STORY! A wonderful little boy conquered his brain tumor by imagining it was an asteroid and every day he and his mom would visualize tiny space ships zapping it away... several months later the tumor was just plain gone! Astounded the doctors and everyone but his mom and him!!! We think about Tigger everyday in this thread, it hopefully gives you strength and courage, which your positivity passes along to Tigger!!! We can now work on zapping the tumor now that Tigger is back up and dealing with the day to day better... : )

Hugs, prayers and kisses to the brave little Tiger in Tigger! (*and her Mommy!)

Ariana, Don, and the Zoo!!!

How interestijng!
I do something similar with Tiggers, sort of imagine I'm giving her some of my 'life energy' and stuff like that visualizing improvements, just in case it helps... If anything, she's a snuggler, and likes to be baby talked to, so if nothing else the closeness and good vibes are probably doing her good.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 5:40 PM

Thank You soooo much Emay and Summer!!!

I do have to hook up the camera and snap a few new pics of Tiggers.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 6:10 PM

WooHoo.... ganging up on a Tumor.....  do dee do dee doooooo!

LOL!!!

Snuggles and Hugs!

Me and the "Boys"!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 7:02 PM

file_424927.jpg

Here's a pic of Tigger on Jan 5th, This is when she was close to her worst. She didn't have the energy to do much but to lay in a daze, and puke, and pee and poo in her bed. This is about 15 days after we found out she ws sick. You can see she's pretty dazed (it's not just the way the shot turned out, that's how she was.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 7:09 PM

Ahhhhh! Poor little girl! She does look very wiped out. She is still a beautiful baby tho...

Permission to save the pic?

Hugs

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 7:21 PM

file_424928.jpg

Here's a pic I snapped abut half an hour ago, when I came home. Her fur is a bit more tattered and unkempt from ailing for a while, but her attitude is very perky.

Behind her is her little cubby, lined with pillows and fleece, and a heating pad and everything else she needs, ith another fleece blanket as a curtain for when she wants things really warm and quiet. Another cubby like that is next to my bed.

So, she's been sitting outside her cubby a lot lately, and would sit up and get all excited when I get home.

Right now, she's out here, nudging me because I hadn't fed her yet, and somewhat begrudgingly eating a few bites here and there out of her dish. I pureed her food so she can lap it up. She seems to have issues swallowing with the tube in her throat. I'll feed her in about an hour, after she's exercised eating on her own for a little bit.

The light spot on her tummy... they had to shave her entire underside to give her the ultrasound, and its still pretty bare. It has fuzz growing back on it, but kitty hair grows slooow. That's why I'm so paranoid about making sure she stays warm, about third of her fur has been shaved off. Poor thing.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 7:29 PM

file_424929.jpg

And a quick wobbly awkwards and fuzzy snapshot also from a little bit ago, as soon as I stick as much as a finger towards her, she's all purrs and snuggles and hadbutts. I also carried her outside for a little bit, to scratch the tree and pee, right after taking the pics.

Here you can see really well the bandage around her neck holding the feeding tube. I blend her food in one big syringe, and water and medicine or whatever is needed in the other, unplug the tube, and slowly squeeze it in.  It's the neck incision wherethe tube is inserted that had been infected. Right now, it's all dry and clear. She's handling the tube fine. According to the vet, theese things can stay in for months at the time.

Yes, you can save the pics. If you click on it, you;ll get the bigger version :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 8:06 PM · edited Wed, 25 February 2009 at 8:14 PM

file_424933.jpg

A pic of her this August, months before she got sick. She's still a fat cat in this pic. There's no fat left on her now, but her appetite is getting back to ferrocious now that she's livened up some.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 9:16 PM

First Thank you... and OMGDDSS!!! She looks like Smokey! I got a pic of him in my gallery. He was deep black like her. His cancer hit fast and hard... by the time we saw he was losing weight, we had qalready lost the battle. We took him in, got the diagnosis, fullblown liver, spleen and kidney cancer. We had to let him go the next week. I fought it so hard. He was one of the longest lived kitties I'd had up til then. Panner (*Tai-Pan was 18), Smokey was 11. We had lost Shadow almost 1 month to the day when we got the news on Smokey...They were raised together since Smokey was about 3years old. 2008 was a really sucky year.

Hearing about Tigger truly gladens my heart. I hope she lives years and years beyond this slight set back (*let's hope she has only used up 5 of her 9 lives).

Thank you for the pics too. Jr. is my puter kitty.... And no I didn't name him, Don did. Teach me to let a man name a cat! LOL!

Hugs

Ariana

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 9:47 PM

:( poor little sweethearts.  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.... I mean, the words really can't express how it feels....

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 25 February 2009 at 10:28 PM

Connie you are one of the few who I know would understand. Kindred spirits and such... : )

Hugs for you and the family!

Ariana

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2009 at 4:53 AM

Yes, Ariana it's heartbreaking to have to go through that.  We do feel for you.

Connie we're so glad about Tigger!  Maybe her willpower has helped, and if good thoughts and prayers can help too we're giving you and Tigger all of ours.  Cats are really amazing creatures and Tigger is an amazing, amazing creature lol.

All the best to Tigger, you, Bubba and your honey.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2009 at 9:59 AM

ThanX, the pain has lessened but it is nice to hear that others understand.

But now we are watching Tigger!!! Ain't she is really doing well and I want to be sure as I know you all do that she comes through this and is healthy and happy again!

Love and Hugs to Tigger and Connie, and all the rest! : )

Ariana

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2009 at 4:08 PM

He looks a lot like my kitty, but mine is fluffier :)

We had a bad last year with her, she had something and then she got diabetes and we had a lot of issues but then she kicked the diabetes' rear end and she is fine again. She lost a bit of her snuggle but she is fine.

Glad to hear Tigger seems to be doing better.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2009 at 9:23 PM

Wow, another poo today. She's gotten into pooping almost every day now - that's a good thing. Very good thing.

When I got home today, not only that she was sitting up outside of her cubby, but she actually paced back and forth across the desk couple of times wanting to be fed. (A lot like she used to when she was full strength). Ate some on her own again.

Peeing and pooping doesn't make her puke any more. She's even made couple faint attempts at grooming after licking some of her food.  God, I hope this improvement continues!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 26 February 2009 at 10:02 PM · edited Thu, 26 February 2009 at 10:03 PM

What really awesome news!!!!!! Tigger is a trooper for sure! Give her a scritch for me!

Connie.... I wanted to ask if she still has the feeding tube in her? Did I miss if it was extracted? If not when do you think it may come out? That is one cruel nasty looking tube! Ugh! Poor baby!!!

Hugs to your and your fur babies! :)

Ariana 

Summer44 ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2009 at 3:02 AM

Wow ! Tigger is very nice ! I'm sure that she's protect by angels and God too.  

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 27 February 2009 at 5:21 AM

Oh yes Connie, so do we; our hopes and prayers are with you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.