Mon, Oct 21, 11:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: GPU acceleration

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 1:04 PM · edited Wed, 16 October 2024 at 10:26 PM

I'm using CS4 Extended and for some reason the GPU Accelleration is now no longer available, The only thing I have done is to update my Video Card Drivers that I can think of, but I would Ideally want to keep the latest version of drivers installed because I use this machine for playing PC games too.

Has anyone else had this problem in CS4?

Dell XPS M1730
Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 2.6Ghz
500GB (2x 250GB) RAID 1 Sata HDD
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX SLI

hentsteph ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 4:10 PM

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404898

On this page you will find this:

1. Perform additional troubleshooting.

It gives you two extra plug-ins that open psd GPU accelleration. It could help you

Steph
Portfolio

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 5:10 PM

Thank you very much will have a look.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

hentsteph ( ) posted Thu, 15 January 2009 at 7:11 PM

When I first got PSD CS4 my card the GPU Acceleration was not available. PSD CS4 did not even see my card (ATI X800). The plug-in for Win32 made my card visible but it was not strong enough, I had to change it...

Steph
Portfolio

chudo121 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 2:27 AM

I came in here myself for this answer. I am using a 9800GT with 1G onboard RAM and 4 G system memory...more than adequate but i get the same thing...No GPU support for me either.

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 6:51 AM

I'm sure this must be a video card driver thing or something because it worked for me once I installed CS4, since then, updating my video card driver and it's no longer available.
I'm not too confident installing the 3rd party plugins for the GPU as it's not supported by Adobe (being the main reason), but because I know it works, it's ust for some reason CS4 now wants to be picky as to which video card driver is installed. and I'd rather not rollback my driver (though I may have to) to get GPU to work if I can still use CS4 without it, I really wanted to be able to use the rotate view tool though.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

hentsteph ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 7:23 AM

Chodo121 on the link I gave there is something ( I beleive ) on the 9800GT card.

Eagle Wing 1000 I installed the plug-in on my system and had no trouble.

Steph
Portfolio

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 7:33 AM

Quote - Eagle Wing 1000 I installed the plug-in on my system and had no trouble.

Cool, so GPU works fine after you installed it? ok. thanks, I will give it a go then. thanks.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

danob ( ) posted Fri, 16 January 2009 at 7:48 PM

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404898

This will help as GPU is turned off by default and needs the card to be enabled

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

EagleWing1000 ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2009 at 9:02 AM

That plugin works great.

Thanks.

Dell XPS M1730
4GB RAM

RoamingGnome ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 11:32 AM

What sort of performances are you guys noticing when using GPU acceleration?

danob ( ) posted Wed, 21 January 2009 at 12:17 PM

For most people, with up to a 12-megapixel  or doing Web design work, the difference you will see is pretty negligible.  It has been suggested that the inflection point from 32-bit to 64-bit  happens where you would have run out of memory and would have had to go to your virtual memory system, storing data on the hard drive rather than in memory. So this is where  I would suggest you will now find  a tenfold performance increase opening up a large file. And also when you magnify the image the pixels remain sharp and does so with remarkable smoothness.

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.