Mon, Sep 9, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Final render is black only....???!!

mcw1917 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 6:31 PM · edited Mon, 30 October 2023 at 6:10 AM

I've been working on the primitive challenge for January (late, as usual) and have come up with something I rather like.  But every time I render it....whether it is in open GL, preview, Hybrid, etc., the final render pass turns everything black, obliterating everything....  I've played around with the render options, trying to find out if I've set something incorrectly, but don't seem to have.  I'm using Vue 7 Infinite...  This ever happen to anyone else?  What's going on?  It only happens with the primitive scene, no others.
Thank you for any input!  mcw1917

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 7:01 PM

Is it possible that something is blocking the camera?  Sometimes the camera is just a bit too close and it looks OK in the views, but is blocked when rendering...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

mojoDallas ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 7:23 PM

Also sometimes this happens when the settings aren't right for lens glare I've noticed.

Hardware:  Cyberpower PC,  2 - i7-3970X CPU @3.50 GHz (12 Total Cores), 32 GB RAM, 2 - GeForce GTX 690 $GB Video Cards, 2 - Viewsonic V3D231 23" Monitors

Software: Poser Game Dev, Vue xStream 2014, 3ds Max 2014, Maya 2014, Mudbox 2014, Corel PaintShopPro, Unreal Engine 4, Iron Python 

chudo121 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 7:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PccmJEeIUXg&feature=related

TRY TO MOVE THE CAMERA(;

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science...

sirrick ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 9:18 AM

If the problem is not your camera, try checking "reuse indirect lighting" in the final render screen.

sirrick ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 9:19 AM

If the problem is not your camera, try checking "reuse indirect lighting" in the final render screen.

mcw1917 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 1:31 PM

Thanks, everybody, for the suggestions.  I had tried all those, but thought I'd better try again. Nothing.  Finally, I began removing objects from the render and discovered the culprit.  A three-torus metablob was causing it all.  The material I had used seemed to be causing the trouble. I simply changed the material and...voila....  it worked.  Again, thanks for your suggestions.  I'll post the render later this afternoon. 
Cheers,
mcw1917  (pw2)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 3:33 PM

If possible, please send to material to e-on.  May help them with fixing a bug.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

mcw1917 ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 8:50 AM

file_423183.jpg

I shall.  Thanks, Peggy.  PW2

Here's the pic.  Everything in the scene is created only from toruses....  except the lights.
There are more than 18,000,000 polygrams, and it took 1h42m to render at 800x600.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.