Wed, Oct 2, 7:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: lesbentley,,, you there?

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 5:25 PM · edited Sun, 29 September 2024 at 7:21 PM

file_423145.jpg

I've tried to glean info from some of your threads pertaining to eye geometry that has been misplaced due to severe morph/modeling...  and how to reset it.

I have an INJ/REM file made now of an old V3 fbm (Geometry export) modeled in ZBrush. I never posted it due to too many quirks,, some have been solved. Some not.

I used to hack (point) a cr2 to my obj and just mess with it but this time I used a py script by svdl to produce an INJ/REM. This works flawlessly. The eyes, I find need an offset on X 0.103 (Right), X-0.103(left). This in turn requires a correction in "side to side" of -5.0 and 5 (left) respectfully..

This gets them on their centers and do not "open" at the lacrimals anymore. Should I hack the INJ file to do this or, do another technique with the cr2? Then,,, a new INJ file..?

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 5:30 PM

file_423146.jpg

Before the xtrans

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hi richardson.

Could you tell me which character set those dark brown eyes came with?

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 5:58 PM

It was aaa3d but, I see he has removed to skin pack. I see these irises everywhere. Sure it was taken from a photographic pay source...

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 6:08 PM · edited Sun, 01 February 2009 at 6:08 PM

Quote - It was aaa3d but, I see he has removed to skin pack. I see these irises everywhere. Sure it was taken from a photographic pay source...

Thank you.

They are very nice. I would've liked to purchase them.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 4:00 AM

I'm at colledge at the moment, so can't go into detail, as I'm suposet to be doing other stuff. What figure is this for, or more importantly is it a figure that uses the DAZ PBMCC_## morph channels?

I'll try to get back to you this evening. In the meantime you might like to take a look at my thread "A Compendium of PZ2 Techniques" the third postt on page three "The Monster Eyes Problem (part 1).".

santicor ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 6:13 AM

i tried making an injection morph which not only added a "MyFigure" dial to the head,  but also a "MyFigure" dial to the  lefteye and righteye body parts in their correct position.
It worked OK but the eyes don't move around so accurately now when I make her look around .....this prob is discussed in the thread that Les referenced. I am anxious to keep learning aout this problem its a big problem for me right now. Thanks for asking this question.

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

santicor ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 6:21 AM

pretty awesome skin shader  in those images, BTW .....
did that  skin package include the bump/displacement  node settings and maps?

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 6:37 AM

Quote - pretty awesome skin shader  in those images, BTW .....
did that  skin package include the bump/displacement  node settings and maps?

Don't tell richardson, that. He'll become insufferably proud of himself. :kidding: ;-)

Those are not shaders. Those are not even renders. That is the straight preview out of Poser.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

santicor ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 8:03 AM

Well then I guess it's a pretty awesome texture map when viewed on high resolution preview      ;-) 

BB,  I am wating for your math sollution to skin wrinkles and pores. Thanks. 

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 10:06 AM

This is a V3 morph. Page 3 looks promising on that link. I'll try it tonight. This , I hope "sticks" with the figure.. I've had a lot of trouble. Oddly,, Setting the eyes inboard, finds their rotation centers on V3..;/  this drove me maddd a few years ago. Rotating past 35 degrees shows how off far off they really were. V4 solved this. Close anyway.

;)..  V4 has better preview still! She's 3x 4096 tall.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 4:04 PM

I'm not sure that I can add much to the information in the link from my last post. Give it a try and if you have any problems, or if there is something that you don't understand report back here and I will try to help. Here is an example of a pose file to slave the translations of the eyes to a morph in the head named "HeadMorph". The values in the 'deltaAddDelta' lines are the values read from the translate dials after the eyes have been translated to fit the morphed eye sockets.

{
//EyeSlaveExample.pz2
version
        {
        number 3
        }

actor rightEye
        {
        channels
                {
                translateX xtran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta -0.002005
                        }
                translateY ytran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta -0.0002
                        }
                translateZ ztran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta 0.004
                        }
                }
        }
actor leftEye
        {
        channels
                {
                translateX xtran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta 0.002005
                        }
                translateY ytran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta -0.0002
                        }
                translateZ ztran
                        {
                        valueOpDeltaAdd
                                Figure
                                head
                                HeadMorph
                        deltaAddDelta 0.004
                        }
                }
        }
}

I don't have V3 installed at the moment, but you seem to sugest that the default 'origin' (centre of rotation) for her eyes are not in the optimal location, this does not really surprise me. You can change the location of the 'origin' via a pose file. Below is an example of a file to change the origins, endPoints, and orientation. { //JessiEyeOrigin.pz2 //A file to change the eye origins. version { number 3 } actor rightEye { channels {

}
        endPoint -0.014 0.655 0.049
        origin -0.0110957 0.653383 0.0280001
        orientation 0 -8.6 0
        }
actor leftEye
        {
        channels
                {

}
        endPoint 0.014 0.655 0.049
        origin 0.0110957 0.653383 0.0280001
        orientation 0 8.6 0
        }
}

Of course you don't need to use three separate pose files, one to load the morph deltas, one to slave the translations, and one to adjust the origins. These three functions can all be integrated into one one pz2.

P.S. In this example the eye actors are named "rightEye" and "leftEye", and this is the common naming convention for eyes, but V4 uses the names "lEye" and "rEye". So those following these examples for V4 for  will need to edit the eye names appropriately.

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 5:36 PM

Thankyou Les..

We're working late so I'll have to do this later. I'm following so far.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.