Sun, Sep 22, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: injection morphs

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 2:45 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 2:04 AM

when you buy a character for poser  that says Please be sure to INJect the Morphs++ into Victoria 4 before using the Body MOR file.  do you have to inject them all one at a time or is there a way to inject them all at once , there seems to be quite a few to being doing them one at a time

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 3:14 PM · edited Fri, 20 February 2009 at 3:14 PM

You In the daz pose file, under morph injections should see inject viki base, Morphs++, and Aiko4 if you have her.  Those will inject everything at once from their perspective groups.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 3:14 PM

My products all state to inject the Morphs ++ into V4 but you can do them all at once by using the V4 Morph Injection folder and just double clicking on the Morphs ++ injection.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 5:08 PM

file_424617.jpg

This one for all V4.2 Morphs++.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 20 February 2009 at 6:31 PM

Why did V3 poses inject only the dials needed for a dial spin character while V4 characters require all the dials be injected before applying the Character pose? Is there a reason V4 character poses don't include the "readscript" to load the dials?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 9:18 PM

Quote - Why did V3 poses inject only the dials needed for a dial spin character while V4 characters require all the dials be injected before applying the Character pose? Is there a reason V4 character poses don't include the "readscript" to load the dials?

I haven't used V4 much, so I could be wrong, but it looks to me like this is just bad coding by the people creating the injection poses. I can't think of any reason that the poses could not use readScript to load the the ++ morphs, and only those ++ morphs needed for the specific injection.

Here I get a bit nostalgic. At one time it seems to me that people opened up Poser files, experimented with them, and leaned the way that Poser library files (like pz2) worked, largely because they had to in order to archive anything useful. Today people just use utilities to build the pose files without understanding what they are doing. :(

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 21 February 2009 at 10:06 PM · edited Sat, 21 February 2009 at 10:08 PM

file_424706.jpg

Actually you can write the MOR pose so that they inject the required morphs and save the user a step just as lesbentley is saying - I do this lately.  If you know the name of the dial you're using anyway, it is not a big leap to figure this out.  Attached is an example for a freebie I'm going to give out once it's complete.  Right click the "X" icon above and save as "Seraphim Body INJ.pz2".

My Freebies

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 5:10 AM

big hugz for pjz99!

Now all we need is a lil script that will read through a character's INJ file and write the new .pz2 file, or at least the lines to insert. 

Who is up to a little scriptease?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 8:28 AM

This is a little script that will inject the 4.2 ++ morphs and the ones for Aiko. If not needed, remove the Aiko line.

{
    version
    {
        number 4.01
    }
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:Character:DAZ People:Victoria 4.2.cr2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:InjDeltas.V4Morphs++All.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ's Victoria 4:Morph Injections:INJ Aiko V4.pz2"
}

Have fun

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 10:54 AM

Jules53757... thanks, but you missed the point I think. We only want to inject the morphs that a specific character actually uses.

This would involve reading through the character's INJ file to see which Morphs++ are used, and writing out a script (as in the first part of pjz99's example) to inject only these morphs... or even doing it itself.

Izi

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:02 AM

This is something that I tend to think the vendor ought to do, rather than have dozens (or hundreds, or thousands) of people fixing a single person's laziness :)

My Freebies

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:08 AM

Yeah, a little app or script that would read a pose and add only the appropriate V4 readScript lines to it would be so cool... make a REMpose even.

Something even cooler would be a script or app that could read a .pz2 for the given morphs and thier values for a character and consoladate them to a single morph per body part at their given settings saved as a PMD file and create a .pz2 to load that as a n injected .pmd doesn't need to occupy existing channels. Means the figures would be so much lighter since after compiling the standard dial setting character pose and creating a PMD injector for the resulting composite morph just one channel per body part would need to be injected. I would pay for that if it could consolodate morphs for different figures.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:16 AM

Something to warn you about with V4 in particular, if you're going to try spawning morph targets and consolidating morph data, you have to be very careful to avoid dials that surreptitiously scale bones, as they will not be included in your morph target and will lead to fruity mesh.

My Freebies

IsaoShi ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:17 AM

I quite agree that the vendor should do it.

But none of them do (?) and almost certainly never will for current or old characters.

So it would still be good to do this for the characters I already have.

/me sighs heavily and opens the Poser Python manual at page 2.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:18 AM

The best way for dial set characters is for the vendor to spawn a full body morph.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:28 AM

^^ That is not legally distributable, unless it's an entirely original morph - if any of the DAZ (or whomever's) morphs are used, then they cannot be bundled into a "new" morph target.  It's legal to pass around "MOR" poses that dial the values up, not legal to distribute the deltas.

My Freebies

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 11:49 AM

Well, there is a tool named Injction Pose Builder. This checkes the morphs involved and creates a pz2 file with readScript commands. It's up to the vendor to use this.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 1:49 PM

I just checked it with one of my characters. If I create a pz2 out of Poser from my char with All morphs injected, the file size is 699 kB, with IPB and the zeroed channels excluded the filesize is only 14 kB each the INJ and the REM file. Without excluding the zeroed (unused) morphs the filesize is about 102 kB. Both files, build with IPB don't need the pre injection of the morphs and only the needed morphs are loaded into the figure.

Just an example:

{
version
    {
    number 4.01
    }
    // Generated with DAZ INJection Pose Builder (IPB) v1.5
    // This file is intended for use with Victoria 4.2

// --- Delta Includes ---
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.FBMVoluptuous.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMInhale.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMBreastsSize.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMBreastsLarge.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMBreastsImplant.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMBreastsNatural.pz2"
    readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4:Deltas:Morphs++:InjDeltas.PBMBreastsDroop.pz2"
actor BODY
    {
    channels
        {
        valueParm FBMVoluptuous
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.168
                }
            }
        valueParm PBMInhale
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.292
                }
            }
        valueParm PBMBreastsSize
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.816
                }
            }
        valueParm PBMBreastsLarge
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.072
                }
            }
        valueParm PBMBreastsImplant
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.292
                }
            }
        valueParm PBMBreastsNatural
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.228
                }
            }

}

actor lShin
    {
    channels
        {
        targetGeom JCMKneeBendL
            {
            keys
                {
                k 0 0.020
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Ulli

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 2:16 PM

I just write em by hand ^^

My Freebies

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 3:17 PM

Well I did this before but, to be honest, if you did it with 3 or 4 chars, how long did it take? Depending on your status at DAZ, the prog is between 1.99 and 19.95 bucks.

Ulli

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 22 February 2009 at 3:34 PM

Quote - I quite agree that the vendor should do it.

But none of them do (?) and almost certainly never will for current or old characters.

Syltermermaid apparently does - you don't need to inject Morphs++ for her characters (well, some of the older ones). I think I may have seen one or two other vendors, as well, but not often.

In truth, though... I almost never use a character with the developer's morphs straight up, anyway. I always feel compelled to morph something in order to make it my own a little bit.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2009 at 1:35 PM

Quote - Something even cooler would be a script or app that could read a .pz2 for the given morphs and thier values for a character and consoladate them to a single morph per body part at their given settings

svdl created such a script (though it produces a pz2 not a pmd). It is called "SpawnCharacterP6 update", and available from svdl's free stuff.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2009 at 2:07 PM

Yes but the problem is, due to copyright reasons you have to ensure not to give away original morphs to people that don't own them.

Ulli

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2009 at 4:51 PM

The SpawnCharacter script doesn't analyze .pz2 files. Instead, it analyzes the currently loaded character and consolidates all morphs into a single INJ/REM pose.

I'll have to update the script to handle the magnet system that V4 uses. When I have time....

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.