Sun, Oct 6, 5:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Modelling Poly problem

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 11:24 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:47 PM

file_426308.jpg

Hi, yeah me again! lol.

Okay, as you can see from the attached there seems to be something odd about the polys on this mesh I'm creating.

I created one side, duplicated, fliped and then used the bridge tool to marry the two sides with a strip of two polygons down the center.

What's wrong with these faces?  They are shaded odd and when I go to apply a shader and render... well, their shading is just wrong.

Thoughts?

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 11:25 PM · edited Sun, 15 March 2009 at 11:26 PM

file_426309.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the modelling area.

These faces are solid, you are not seeing through the mesh.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 15 March 2009 at 11:33 PM

The dark blue lines are "creased" for a hard break. The grey lines are smoothed so Carrara is trying to interpolate a smooth surface there. Just crease them and you'll be fine.

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Mon, 16 March 2009 at 7:48 PM

That fixed it!  Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.