Fri, Sep 20, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Cameras and Lights

Blue_Boy ( ) posted Tue, 17 March 2009 at 8:15 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 11:31 AM

I am trying to create complete scenes but am having some problems when I start creating cameras and lights and move them about I no longer see them. Is there a way you can see where they are? This would make it a lot easier for me to work with them and actually learn what is happening to them to get the results I get.
I hope this has made sense

Thanx for the help

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2009 at 9:24 AM

You can either look through the camera or light by selecting it from the view list, then use the standard zoom/rotate/pan controls to adjust position, or you can switch to another camera view and zoom right out so that you can see both the scene lements and the light/camera avatars. Remember that the position of distnat lights isn't significant, only their rotation matters.

theSea ( ) posted Wed, 18 March 2009 at 11:18 AM

Here is another way to go about it:

ctrl-P to select perspective view.  Select several lights, cameras and or scene elements in the scene tab by ctrl clicking on them.  Ctrl-F then will move the perspective camera so they are all in view.  If you're on a Mac, substitute cmd for ctrl above.

--michael

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 March 2009 at 8:31 PM

Quote - Here is another way to go about it:

ctrl-P to select perspective view.  Select several lights, cameras and or scene elements in the scene tab by ctrl clicking on them.  Ctrl-F then will move the perspective camera so they are all in view.  If you're on a Mac, substitute cmd for ctrl above.

--michael

Now that's a nifty little trick I wish I had known before.  Would certainly have saved me a lot of hair pulling.  It's also easier than having to set up a new camera and push it further out so everything's in view.

Thanks Michael.  😄

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.