Sun, Oct 6, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Any Hexagon Users out there?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:48 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 3:31 AM

I've just downloaded the trial version and could easily get used to this interface. It's real buggy though. Keeps freezing up...

Does anyone else have/had this issue with Hex?

vincebagna ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 3:59 PM

Hex indeed has some bugs. Though, what do you mean by "Keeps freezing up..."?
It could be a video card issue.

It's a real cool piece of software, i do all my modeling with it, and despites the bugs, i LOVE it! :D

My Store

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 4:26 PM · edited Tue, 14 April 2009 at 4:31 PM

file_428616.png

When I double click on Hex to open it, I immediately get the **"XML parsing Error"** message. Hex still loads though so I validate. I then go on to create my box object and get the message below.

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

As far as my drivers---I changed back to my version .08 from .50. .50 was causing some problems with my preview window in Poser BUT I did all this earlier. Way before I downloaded Hex and it was working fine at the beginning. 

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 5:03 PM

You'll need to fiddle with the display options in Hex to find a combination that's stable for your hardware.
You may also have to tweak some of the video driver options.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 5:13 PM

Hmmm :(  Sorry you're getting all these errors.
I use hexagon all the time, and it doesn't freeze up very much. Most often it freezes up when it's trying to process something, and I get impatient and start hitting all kinds of keys.
But, that doesn't appear to be the problem you're encountering.

I know, it doesn't help you much right now to know this is not a universal problem. Hopefully you find a solution to it before you give up on hex. It's a really cool little modeler!

There may be more info about it on DAZ forums?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 5:20 PM

I'm also using Hex almost exclusively. 
I must be lucky because I've never really had any problems with it - especially not with the newest version.

Of course I've had it crash - but no more than Poser. I've learned to save often in both proggies ;)

Hex is a lovely program. Very easy to model in. And the models behave well in Poser ^_^

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 5:31 PM
pakled ( ) posted Tue, 14 April 2009 at 6:57 PM

or check with Daz, they own it now...;)

I've made two things so far; various blobs...;) I'll get around to figuring it out one day...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 4:13 AM

i still use version 2.1 as the latest version doesnt work on any of my 3 pc's... still it good software

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 7:56 AM

Thanks guys. I went ahead and purchased the download version. I had 29 more days of the demo but I like this program.

It's running fine now.

2.5.0.5 works on my Vista 64.

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 8:01 AM

Glad you get it to work! :D
You'll love it! ^^

My Store

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 8:33 AM

Quote - Glad you get it to work! :D
You'll love it! ^^

Can you recommend some video tutorials?

So far have I Tashar's "Making a Mannequinn" tut and two tutorials for making pants and a dress. Ultimately, it's clothes and hair I'm looking to make but I'll watch ANY video that'll get me better acquainted with the tools.

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 9:10 AM

VHere are some of the best Hex tuts i'm aware of:

Tutorial: Belt, Buckle and Harness basics

T59 Hexagon Clothing workshop.

Modeling a salsa dress in Hexagon for Poser

Polyloop Hexagon Tutorials

Geekatplay Hexagon Tutorials

The Geekatplay ones are video tutorials, and i particularly recommends them to you as they are clearly explained and easy to follow. They cover a lot of what Hex is capable of :)

My Store

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 9:27 AM

Thanks a bunch Vincebanga!

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 9:36 AM

LOL you're welcome! :D
Though i don't know why everybody wants to call me vincebanga instead of vincebagna LOL

My Store

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 9:51 AM

file_428699.png

I probably should be asking over at Daz but since you gave me the link, I'll see if you've ran into this problem. I'm following the Clothing shop tutorial. I'm trying to make my Mannequin.  Upon export I'm supposed to have all checked EXCEPT "Use Exact Eternal Name Except Spaces" and "Weld Body Seams".

But the only two I am able to check and uncheck are what's show in the diagram.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 9:52 AM

Quote - LOL you're welcome! :D
Though i don't know why everybody wants to call me vincebanga instead of vincebagna LOL

Oops. I have the worst sight! Gotcha. Vincebagna!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 11:04 AM

Are you on a Mac? That interface olooks unfamiliar (at least the colours are odd :) )

As for tutorials, I've made a very basic one for how to make shorts (pants) in Hex: [http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2765746

N](http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2765746)ot a video though :)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 11:54 AM · edited Wed, 15 April 2009 at 11:57 AM

Quote -  Are you on a Mac? That interface olooks unfamiliar (at least the colours are odd :) )

As for tutorials, I've made a very basic one for how to make shorts (pants) in Hex: [http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2765746

N](http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2765746)ot a video though :)

I'm on a PC. I use Poser 6.

That's the screen you get when exporting a Wavefront Object.

Thanks for the tut. I'll be doing it shortly. More practice. Hehe

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 12:57 PM

A good source of Hex tutorials is a guy called EZ over at DAZ in the hexagon forum, he has a bunch of them and they are pretty good.  I can second the recommendation for Geekatplay.  Gary's tutorials over there are really good

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 15 April 2009 at 2:04 PM

"But the only two I am able to check and uncheck are what's show in the diagram." 

Possibly a bug that's been around since probably Poser 3. Try opening another application, Notepad or Calculator, whatever Click in that window and then try going Back to the Poser export dialog. For some reason, those checkboxes sometimes won't accept the focus straight off. Surprised if they haven't fixed it.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 6:48 AM · edited Fri, 17 April 2009 at 6:52 AM

file_428851.png

> Quote - "But the only two I am able to check and uncheck are what's show in the diagram."  > > > Possibly a bug that's been around since probably Poser 3. Try opening another application, Notepad or Calculator, whatever Click in that window and then try going Back to the Poser export dialog. For some reason, those checkboxes sometimes won't accept the focus straight off. Surprised if they haven't fixed it.

-I loaded my figure (MIL Baby 3)
-Turned off IK
-Zeroed Pose
-File------>Export------>Wavefront Obj----->Single 1-30
-In hierarchy window, UNchecked "UNIVERSE","Ground", "GoalCenterOfMass",  and "CenterOfMass". Checking ONLY Figure 1
-Named my file
-Box (uptop) comes up.
-Opened Notepad and clicked in it then went back to box

I still cannot check or uncheck any others except the two I showed above.

It's important for me to have, "Include body parts name...." so that I can hide the parts I'm not using to free up some memory. Doesn't work though, and when I export the Figure as is, I see ONLY Figure 1 in my palette. If I were able to export properly, I'd see Figure 1 and an arrow that would show me all the different body parts.

I'll ask in the Hex forum over at Daz. Thanks.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 17 April 2009 at 7:02 AM · edited Fri, 17 April 2009 at 7:03 AM

Well I went back to Export, and in the hierarchy window, I  only checked the bottom parts of MIL baby (hip and abdomen included) INSTEAD of selecting Figure 1.

I'll still pose this (?) over in the Hex forum...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2009 at 10:57 AM

Oooh you're trying to export the Mill baby to use as a mannequin in Hex? Don't do that like this. Just open the MillBaby obj directly. I've NEVER had a Poser figure come in at the correct scale no matter what I do if I export them (which is sometimes nice for instance with V4 and her bend feet)

But simply importing the obj from geometriesdazpeople... works fine. And it comes with all body parts ect so you can hide or delete the ones not needed :)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2009 at 11:48 AM · edited Sun, 19 April 2009 at 11:49 AM

I've NEVER had a Poser figure come in at the correct scale no matter what I do if I export them (which is sometimes nice for instance with V4 and her bend feet)

I had some problems when I started with Hexagon I had some problems with importing DAZ-obj files, but I found something that worked: The way SSAfam1 describes is the way I do it, but when I import the obj-file in hexagon, I set the scale to 100 and textures Y-flipped.
After I made my clothes (or other objects) in hexagon, I export them with scale set to 0,01 (european) and texures Y-flipped.
I always got reasonable results this way.

The main problem with Poser obj-files and other modellers, is that Poser uses a ridiculous large scale for their standard units, so they are imported very small, I also had this problem with rhino.
No matter, what preference unit you use, Poser obj-files are always exported at poser-units scales. And how this scale is related to real-world units ( meters or feet, whatever) is a very old subject of discussion.

best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2009 at 12:33 PM

Quote -  Oooh you're trying to export the Mill baby to use as a mannequin in Hex? Don't do that like this. Just open the MillBaby obj directly. I've NEVER had a Poser figure come in at the correct scale no matter what I do if I export them (which is sometimes nice for instance with V4 and her bend feet)

But simply importing the obj from geometriesdazpeople... works fine. And it comes with all body parts ect so you can hide or delete the ones not needed :)

If I do this, his feet will bend. I can zero pose him in Poser.

How do I zero Pose in Hex?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2009 at 1:21 PM · edited Sun, 19 April 2009 at 1:21 PM

When I made the Librarian Shoes for V4, I dealt with the foot bending problem by simply rotating the foot parts (foot and toe) in Hexagon. Yes, there'll be breaks in the mesh, but it's approximated good enough to model around :) At least IMO :)

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 19 April 2009 at 1:45 PM · edited Sun, 19 April 2009 at 1:46 PM

Making good shoes for V4 is always a problem.

I also made some shoes for V4 in hexagon by using the normal feet pose. You  can realign the correct pose of the feet in Poser.
I wrote this thread how I solved the problem:

www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

regards,

Bopper.

PS. look on the second page.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2009 at 12:16 AM

Quote - Making good shoes for V4 is always a problem.

I also made some shoes for V4 in hexagon by using the normal feet pose. You  can realign the correct pose of the feet in Poser.
I wrote this thread how I solved the problem:

www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php

regards,

Bopper.

PS. look on the second page.

Thanks.  That I'll check it out.  I have had some problems making shoes, or clothing for that matter conform.  I would have to use the joint-editor to get rid of the spikes that would come through while posing.  I'll check that thread out.

To SSAfam1, I hope you enjoy Hexagon, it's a great program, with some of the hiccups here and there, it's still great.  I like it a lot.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.