Sun, Sep 22, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:30 pm)

Subject: mimic 3.1 and Michael 4

alphauser51 ( ) posted Sun, 10 May 2009 at 1:35 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:23 PM

Is it possible to get mimic 3.1 to work with Michael 4.?
I have tried several different approaches to no avail. It loads Michael 4
and I get some head movement and thats about all. I tried saving Michael 4
with all the head morphs and loading that character in Mimic , and still
doesent work..  Any suggestions?

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 11:27 AM

I'm definatly not the best person to answer this question, as I don't have Mimic, but I felt sorry for this poor little thread with just one post sitting all lonly by itself.

To my understanding (which may be completely wrong) Mimic works on phoneme morphs in the head actor of the figure. If this is correct then to be compatible with Mimic, a figure would need to have phoneme morphs with the correct names. What I am guessing is that the morphs in M4 do not have the right names to work with Mimic.

If my guess is correct then I have an idea that may fix things. First I need to know if I have a figure that is Mimic compatible. Could you please list the ones that you know of that are Mimic compatible? If the P4 Nude Man and Woman are compatible, that would be excellent.

alphauser51 ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 1:40 PM

Thanks for taking the time to answer the post
and offer assistance. The only figures I have used sucessfully in Mimic are DAZ's michael 3
and victoria 3. I dont think the P4 figure would be compatible.

raven ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 2:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=51892

Little_Dragon made a mimic compatible V4 that's available in the freestuff here. Could you do a M4 version by seeing how the V4 one was done?

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 4:25 PM

I'll get to work on it. The Little_Dragon V4 file will probably help.

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 5:25 PM

Before I go to the trouble of reinventing the wheel. Try this experiment. Install Little_Dragon's "Victoria 4 Phonemes". Open the "Victoria 4 Base Phonemes.cr2" in a decent text editor, I use "EditPadLite", "WordPad" will do at a pinch. About 8 lines into the file, you will see a line that reads:

readScript :Runtime:Libraries:Character:DAZ People:Victoria 4 Base.cr2

Try changing this to read:

readScript :Runtime:Libraries:Character:DAZ People:Michael 4.cr2

Resave the file as "Michael 4 Phonemes.cr2". Then follow the instructions in Little_Dragon's "Victoria4Phonemes_Readme.txt" using "Michael 4 Phonemes.cr2" in place of "Victoria 4 Base Phonemes.cr2".

I think there is a good chance it might work. V4.2 and M4 are very similar, but I think Little_Dragon's file was made for V4, not V4.2, so it depends how much has changed in the meantime. Anyway, it's worth a try, and would save me a lot of work if it does the job.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 13 May 2009 at 8:09 AM

file_430744.TXT

I have mad a stab at a fix for M4. In essence the idea is quite simple, I have made a pose file that alters the dial names for some of the the visim morphs in M4 so that they match the names of similar phoneme morphs used in V3. Presumably you should then use the same DMC file as you use for V3. I'm hoping that Mimic uses the dial names, rather than the internal names.

Save the "M4Speak.pz2.TXT" to a pose folder, dropping the ".TXT" part of the file extension. Load M4, make sure all the visim morphs are injected into M4, only then apply the "M4Speak.pz2" pose. Save M4 back to a pallet with a new name, then do what ever it is that you do in Mimic. It may work it may not, I am not overly confident.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.