Thu, Sep 19, 9:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Creating MAT Poses

jt411 ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 5:53 AM

Hi All,
As a time saver I'd like to create some utility MAT poses for Poser 6/7, but I don't know where to start.
Basically I want to have a one-click pose to set the diffuse color for all of V4's shading zones to white while leaving any texture maps connected and intact. I'd also like to have a MAT pose to change the specular color to black on any "skin" material zones.
I've seen this done before, but I haven't used Poser in a long time so I'm kinda clueless :)
Any insight is deeply appreciated.
Thanks guys!

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 12:16 PM · edited Tue, 12 May 2009 at 12:17 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=71068

Mec4D has a utility on her product pages that is a python script that allows a change to White, Medium Grey, and Grey :)  Scroll all the way to the bottom to find the URL :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 12 May 2009 at 5:26 PM

What you want has been done in various python scripts . I have one at sharecg that sets the diffuse color to grey, it would be easy to amend it to either of your requests.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/23657/Script/Set-diffuse-gray-script-,-for-light-set

changing ONLY skin materials would simply require a filter , easy enough if the name contains the word skin.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 4:14 PM · edited Sun, 17 May 2009 at 4:17 PM

Hi markschum,

I tried your script "setgraydiffuse.py" in P6 on Posette, but got the following error.

Figure 1
GROUND
UNIVERSE
FocusDistanceControl
Light 2
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 30, in ?
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'InputByInternalName'

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Les.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:01 PM · edited Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:15 PM

Works for me in Poser 7 , the same code is run for figures and then props
    Its failing in the props section .
    the prop name should have been written out to the display , theres something in that props materials that isnt what the script expects. It may be to root node name in the shader tree.

If that doesnt help I will give you a script to catch the error .

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:35 PM

It seems that the problem may be with the lights, rather than your script. I tried deleting all the lights, when I did the script ran OK. I think there may be some corruption in my preferredState.pz3. I have noticed some strangeness lately. I will have to open it up and investigate.

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:44 PM · edited Sun, 17 May 2009 at 6:55 PM

file_431032.txt

Try this one instead, I added some testing to avoid errors.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 17 May 2009 at 7:35 PM

Thanks for the new script. Off to bed now, will test it tomorrow.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.