Sat, Sep 21, 8:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: HDRI rendering crashes Carrara

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 2:41 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 8:27 PM

I'm running Carrara 6 Pro on a MacPro, running Leopard. 

I'm attempting to render an HDRI render - fairly low resolution: 640x480, 72ppi, nothing fancy. The render gets about halfway through and then Carrara crashes. The scene really isn't complex - one model, a floor and two walls. I've got three Anything Glows lights in place, to replicate flourescent lights. 

What can I do to alleviate this problem? Thanks in advance!

stardust ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 2:54 PM

You could try reducing the file size of the HDRI before importing to Carrara? Just a thought...

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:07 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. The current map I'm using is 2000x1000 pixels, 1.4 megs in file size. Having never really done this before, I don't know if this is excessive or not.  :)

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:16 PM

I haven't run into this issue before. 

Just a few trouble shooting suggestions:

1. try a different HDRI map to see if it is the map creating the problem. 

2. If that doesn't fix it, try rendering with the AG lights off - not knowing what your  settings are for the AG lights, they could  be the culprit.

3. if it renders with the original HDRI map and the AG lights off, try enabling the AG lights one at a time and rendering.

GKDantas ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:18 PM

Almost 2 MB...its not so much... Try disable the anything glows lights first, maybe GI dont like its effect. You can use glow to simulate neon lights and such thing, without using AG.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 02 June 2009 at 3:25 PM

Okay, now I just tried a render without HDRI, and Carrara still crashed... 

holyforest ( ) posted Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:59 AM · edited Tue, 09 June 2009 at 3:59 AM

I already experienced this problem on a Macbook pro. 
I noticed that if you disconnect the network (internet or wifi), there is less 
crashes. Try to delete temp files and restart the computer.

---------------------------------------
Holyforest,
Hundreds of shaders for Carrara

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.