Fri, Oct 4, 12:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: how come, when I 'create prop' it moves?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:22 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:44 PM

It's making me crazy.

I select the top of his scalp to make a hair-follicle-cap, but when I click the 'Create prop', it moves.  It moves a smidge, but it's enough to leave a gap under the cap.  Translating and scaling doesn't make a perfect fit.  I'm making hair bangs to cover the problem area.

I'm also finding that posing the hair-do, significantly increases the calculate dynamics.

Dynamics on freshly sprouted hair, usually takes my PC 15-20 minutes to calculate 30 frames.

I used the hairstyle tool to shorten hairs for bangs and to make the sides sweep his shoulders.  Calculating the same 30 frames took nearly 6 hours. (Athlon XT5000.) 

heavy sigh

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:31 PM

Check to see if the original figure is scaled or displaced.  (In other
words, zero the figure and set all scales to 100% before using the grouping tool.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 2:37 PM

Unfortunately, that's not going to help me.

I did all kinds of morphs on the figure, which is why I'm creating the new hair-scalp, instead of using the one in the library.

But, it's not just the head geometry.  Any part of the body I try to create a prop for, it offsets a smidge.

I can try and hide the hair cap inside his head geometry, but I'm not sure what that will do to the collision calculations for his hair.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:31 PM · edited Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:31 PM

*Unfortunately, that's not going to help me.

I did all kinds of morphs on the figure, which is why I'm creating the new hair-scalp, instead of using the one in the library.*

I don't think that precludes you  from zeroing the pose and checking to make sure all trans parameters of the hip are zeroed and trying it again as Ockham suggested. drop your figure to floor as well.

BTW you are looking for a perfect fit when you try to  scale and trans the skull cap back where it belongs -but  I would think you only have to get your misaligned skull cap very close to the head surface and make it invisible and the hair should look ok, no?
But I might be missing something about your hairstyle, maybe its a really short-haired style.

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:43 PM

I zeroed everything and it still happens. 

If I knew the offset increment, hopefully, it could be smidged back in place.

I guess this means I'm the only one who has this craziness?  I should test to see if this happens with a primitive object.

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 3:51 PM

I never heard of it , but i have only been using Poser for about 2 years -
Someone might know about this.

is it offsetting Y, or X,  or  Z,  or a combination of them ?

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

LukeA ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 4:06 PM

Try exporting the figure as an OBJ and reimporting it - then you will have the exact mesh you want. You will need to use an external editor to remove unwanted polys. I can do that for you if you send me the mesh.

LukeA

LukeA

My latest novel

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 5:01 PM

That's worth a shot, but I think the best  that will  do is import it into the  exact same position it was when she exported the prop, and that position is no good. (and that  is if she unchecks  centered, place  on floor, and 100% of fig size)
Misty's problem is  - why are the props jumping a bit when  she "creates prop" ???

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

LukeA ( ) posted Thu, 04 June 2009 at 5:08 PM

When she creates it it jumps so I think if she exports when it is the way she wants it it will freeze that way - correct? Then she can reimport the mesh. I think her problem is all the morphs etc that are making things behave slightly off.

Hello btw :)

LukeA

My latest novel

santicor ( ) posted Fri, 05 June 2009 at 9:04 PM

Misty -

I just created a prop from a group of polygons of a body part

in Poser 7   using a  G2  figure.

when i clicked "create prop" in the group editor,  the prop  that  was created was thrown on "X" by -.005 ( it moved to  the left )
i  put it in perfect position by moving the X trans dial to .005

I have never seen  this until you pointed it out - so  i was looking for it,   and i was zoomed in very  tight on the figure in order to  be able to  see it.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.