Wed, Oct 2, 3:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: i need help

ladiesmen ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2009 at 4:33 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 3:18 AM

Ok I need help with following. Me bought Hongyu's Lace Lingerie Set II for Victoria 4.0.

Normal me do start with V4 (with morphs) >clothes then FIT TO and PARENT TO victoria. However the help file says:
4, Go to Pose ->Daz's Victoria 4 -> Magnetize Clothing and magnetize each piece of the lingerie.
5, Select Victoria 4 and go to Pose -> Lace Lingerie II V4 and double click the e !DreamBra_INJ morph buttons to apply the DreamBra morph to V4, the brassiere will automatically conform to the morphs. If you use DAZ/Studio, please also apply the INJ pose to the brassiere to make it follow the V4. 
Is magnetize the same as parent to? If not how do I magnetize**

Thks for help

You can also reach me on skype.com to talk name ladiesmen22

People dont care what you know, until they know you care

Use Quad core with 8G memory & ATI 5770
Poser Pro 7 & Poser 8 Sr3
Daz 3.2 adv 64 bit

mishamcm ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2009 at 11:16 PM

Magnetize is only needed in Poser, not necessary in D|S.

ladiesmen ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 1:08 AM

Thks for you help. You always know a lot and help. Really great people like you help. Thks again

Daz 3.2 adv 64 bit

jestmart ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 9:56 PM

Magnetize replaced JCM's (Joint Control Morphs) in V4.  The best example of this is seen when an arm is raised, the breast is pulled up.  With older models if the clothing didn't have the same JCM you would get poke-thru (the top of the raised breast would poke through the clothing).  By magnetizing you are applying the magnet used to raise the breast to the clothing, thus no poke-thru.  As for how you magnetize, I don't really know because I don't have V4.

j_blood ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 6:42 PM

okay if you are using d/s 2.x + it will AUTOMAGNETIZE, now what magnetize do is put magnets (deformers) into conforming figures, it helps to reduce the number of morph needed in the figure.
those magnets control for example the breast movements as in v4 they ARE magnets. normally in poser you should load V4, load its morphs(4.2), then load,parent,magnetize each confoming figure, this is to ensiure the crosstalking (morph follow).
the inj_ pose you have to load in actually injected in the clothes, so it will follow the morph when you load it to V4...

in few words: with v4, load, parent and magnetize is the workflow in poser since dazstudio does it itself.

hoped to help JasonBlood

ladiesmen ( ) posted Tue, 23 June 2009 at 6:46 PM

thks jason it clear

Daz 3.2 adv 64 bit

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.