Fri, Oct 4, 6:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser 8 advertised!

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 6:30 PM

OMG Tori you are WICKED!

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 6:33 PM

Quote - OMG Tori you are WICKED!

Hey - It was his idea. ;-)  (WandW)

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

rty ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:02 PM

Quote - ESD customers will stumble into FFB

What is ESD? What is FFB?

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - ESD customers will stumble into FFB

What is ESD? What is FFB?

ESD is the Electronic Software Download version.
FFB is the First Friday Bazaar, which is a $1.99 sale on the First Friday of every month at Content Paradise - you can get special deals on hot content for only $1.99 from many sellers - it kicks off at midnight and lasts 96 hours.  CP has decided to offer a few copies of the download version of Poser at a random point during the day tomorrow - so a few people will be able to get Poser 8 for only $1.99.

rty ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:10 PM

Quote - ESD is the Electronic Software Download version.
FFB is the First Friday Bazaar, which is a $1.99 sale on the First Friday of every month at Content Paradise - you can get special deals on hot content for only $1.99 from many sellers - it kicks off at midnight and lasts 96 hours.

Thanks, sounds interesting; What timezone midnight are we talking about? And where do you find that First Friday Sale at CP? It's a new category appearing all of a sudden? (Sorry, I'm not used to the new shop).

pokeydots ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:11 PM

So what happens if we stumble on the 1.99 poser and we have already purchase the upgrade? can we get a refund on our 129.99?

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Sivana ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:39 PM

If I understood this right, upgrade price is only for Poser Pro users and not for Poser7 ones?
I planed to buy Poser8 but certainly not for the full price as long Poser7 with all my bought addons makes very good results.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 7:46 PM

Upgrade price is for any version from Poser 4 upwards, not just Poser Pro.

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 8:06 PM

Quote - So what happens if we stumble on the 1.99 poser and we have already purchase the upgrade? can we get a refund on our 129.99?

As long as it falls within 30 days of your purchase, it should fall in the standard return policy!

RTY  - a link should appear in the nav there, or you can use this direct link:
http://www.contentparadise.com/SaleGroupView.aspx

FFB usually starts at midnight PST Friday and runs for 96 hours to 11:59 on Monday.  Since we've been doing the Sunday Steals (50-100 of some products for free, plus some other lower dollar items free to an unlimited set of customers, but for 24 hours only) to start at midnight, and did the Treasure Hunt at 10am, we'll try and stick them up randomly at some other point during the day to spread it out to another time zone - you'll just have to watch and refresh!  (Normal FFB $1.99 items will be available for the entire time.)

rty ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 8:20 PM

Thanks. Will check.

ratscloset ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 10:55 PM

Remember, Midnight is 12:00 AM or the first second of the first minute of the first hour of the day.

ratscloset
aka John

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 10:57 PM

in other words, 3 hours from now, your time

Q2 ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 11:40 PM

So 8:00 am or 8:00 pm I'm guessing.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2009 at 11:53 PM

How much is that in UTC?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:27 AM

PST = Pacific Time = GMT - 7 hrs, if that helps. E.g. right now GMT is about 5:30 a.m.; Pacific Time is 10:30 p.m.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

odf ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:41 AM

Thanks! I was just being silly. Googling PST is even faster than posting here, and in fact I should remember. Pacific time with daylight savings is the same as Arizona time.

So 12am there is 5pm where I am. Perfect!

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:15 AM

Haven't seen it yet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:37 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:44 AM

Quote -
FFB usually starts at midnight PST Friday and runs for 96 hours to 11:59 on Monday.  Since we've been doing the Sunday Steals (50-100 of some products for free, plus some other lower dollar items free to an unlimited set of customers, but for 24 hours only) to start at midnight, and did the Treasure Hunt at 10am, we'll try and stick them up randomly at some other point during the day to spread it out to another time zone - you'll just have to watch and refresh!  (Normal FFB $1.99 items will be available for the entire time.)

Thank you very much for that.

Can you tell me why the Remove button in my cart works for everything - just not for the extended download service?
Last time I bought something it worked - now it doesn't!
Tested in Firefox 3.0.12 and IE 8 ...

Edited to add: I tried setting the number of items to zero - that works with things I want to buy, but not for the extend download service ...

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:26 AM

OOps! I goofed. Wanted to make this correction:  I must have messed up copying some of the python files over from the Poser 7 folder to the Poser 8 one. I went back to my original bought zips. So far, I've installed Semidieu's Advanced Render Settings and RDNA Render Studio for Poser that he and Colm did. Both are working. I'm going to try more later. 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:31 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:33 AM

Quote -
Can you tell me why the Remove button in my cart works for everything - just not for the extended download service?

Edited to add: I tried setting the number of items to zero - that works with things I want to buy, but not for the extend download service ...

I'd like to know, too. I tried to download the FREE face room module for Olivia since apparently I hadn't got that earlier. And no way am I paying $1.68 for the extended download of a FREE item. Come on, CP.. you can do better...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:53 AM

I just submitted a ticket on this.  When i bought Poser 8, I was able to delete the extended download service.  I can not do so when the cart only contains free items. 

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:56 AM

I wanted to  ask about bagginsbill's VSS. I have a Beta version of this. Will it work in Poser 8? Or, is bagginsbill going to do a new version of VSS for Poser 8? I think this was mentioned some pages back in this thread, but now I can't find it. Sorry. 

rty ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:05 AM

Quote - I just submitted a ticket on this.  When i bought Poser 8, I was able to delete the extended download service.  I can not do so when the cart only contains free items. 

Same here: Was able to remove it for Poser, wasn't able to remove it now, submitted ticket.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:11 AM

Have you tried adding a non free item, removing the extended download service then removing the non free item? a possible work around till they fix it?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:20 AM

Quote - Have you tried adding a non free item, removing the extended download service then removing the non free item? a possible work around till they fix it?

My item is one of Cyllan's FFB items at 1.99 ...
I am going to submit a ticket and hope the problems gets solved before it's back to old price.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:27 AM

That did not work for me.  Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:31 AM

Ok forget what I said, I tried it myself & it doesn't work. My connection is on a go slow at the moment that's why it took me so long to try it myself. :(

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:34 AM

Quote - I wanted to  ask about bagginsbill's VSS. I have a Beta version of this. Will it work in Poser 8? Or, is bagginsbill going to do a new version of VSS for Poser 8? I think this was mentioned some pages back in this thread, but now I can't find it. Sorry. 

VSS works perfectly in Poser 8. I used it for all the P8 demo renders involving a human figure.

The VSS shaders need to be adjusted a bit to work with HSV Exponential tone mapping. You want to change the gamma value to 1.0, and in the Template Skin, decrease the amount of SSS and perhaps also change the SSS color to a less saturated red.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:36 AM

Thanks for answering, Bagginsbill. And is the BETA the latest version? Do you have a full pay professional version, or something like that?

Whichway ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:41 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:42 AM

Also, Bagginsbill, is HSV Exponential really better than individual gamma correction on each color map? Without the latter, aren't you still computing with non-linear color coordinates? Thanks.

Whichway

IsaoShi ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:43 AM

Thanks for the tips, bb. ice-boy asked about this in another thread, but I have no idea which one and couldn't find it again.

"If I were a shadow, I know I wouldn't like to be half of what I should be."
Mr Otsuka, the old black tomcat in Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:43 AM

I didn't finish it, because I got into deep difficulties working on the GUI. Then P8 came along and I see a completely new way to do the GUI.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Probably I'll be working on Poser Pro 2010 and Poser 8 SR1, not working on VSS, in the coming months.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:45 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:45 AM

Quote - Also, Bagginsbill, is HSV Exponential really better than individual gamma correction on each color map? Without the latter, aren't you still computing with non-linear color coordinates? Thanks.

Whichway

Who said it is better? I said it has an advantage in that it will not muck with your incoming materials (like transmaps) and anti-gamma them. But the results are not better. They're close, but not better.

Without GC, yes we're dealing with non-linear color values, and then hacking them at the end to be almost correct. :)

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:45 AM
Online Now!

@inquire:  There is no 'Pro' version of VSS at the moment.  Consider the beta as pro until further notice from BB.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:51 AM

Speaking of VSS, Mac users may remember that I had some problems on the Mac for a while because I had no Mac to test it on.

That problem should go away, because SM loaned me a Mac for testing! I haven't turned it on yet, but I will.

Haruchai ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 10:28 AM

Just registered my copy of Poser 8 and noticed there is a Hot Fix listed already.

my.smithmicro.com/win/poser/updates.html

Updates to version 8.0.0.10199

"This hotfix enables Normal Maps, improves Indirect Light rendering quality, improves Wardrobe Wizard functionality and addresses an issue with saving Walk Paths."

Cheers.

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:20 PM

Thanks for the tip. There's a Mac fix also: http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/poser/updates.html

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Maybe it has been fixed.  I added the Olivia Face Room module, removed the download service using the trashcan icon, downloaded.  Started a new order, added the Miki 2 Face Room module, removed the download service with the trashcan and downloaded.

efstarlet ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

Maybe it has been fixed.  I added the Olivia Face Room module, removed the download service using the trashcan icon, downloaded.  Started a new order, added the Miki 2 Face Room module, removed the download service with the trashcan and downloaded.

yes - this bug has been fixed.  :) 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 2:35 PM

Quote - Speaking of VSS, Mac users may remember that I had some problems on the Mac for a while because I had no Mac to test it on.

That problem should go away, because SM loaned me a Mac for testing! I haven't turned it on yet, but I will.

You know what they say, BB. "Once you go Mac, you may not go back!"   :lol:

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:10 PM

Anyone with a couple of dollars and an interest in Poser 8 might want to visit the First Friday Bazaar at Content Paradise immediately, before they run out of stock ....

RFreise ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:16 PM

Grabbed and downloading now

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:18 PM

LOL that was fast, I don't even see them (already bought it the first day ... but WOW that was fast! LOL)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:21 PM

Yeah, I think it's already over.

Not sure how long it had been up by the time I noticed.  I'd stalked the website since midnight, checking every ten minutes or so.

I wonder how many they sold at that price?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:28 PM

Was it listed in the Sale Group View or did you have to go to List View Software to find it?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:39 PM

@LostinSpaceman:

I didn't know where it would turn up, so I kept tabs opened on both the Bazaar's Sale Group and the List View, plus the product page itself.  I think it was visible in all three.

While placing my order, I noticed that my $5 birthday coupon was still sitting unused in my account ....

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 6:54 PM

Wow, and I was up last night, nothing.  Aw shucks.

Oh well, I rather wait 'til the dust settles anyway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

rty ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:26 PM

:'-(

I was stalking the Bazaar page for now almost 12 hours, and I missed it!...
Must have blinked while it happened.

Oh well, I never win anything anyway.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 7:38 PM

Quote - :'-(

I was stalking the Bazaar page for now almost 12 hours, and I missed it!...
Must have blinked while it happened.

Oh well, I never win anything anyway.

I fell your pain man, I feel your pain. :sad:

rty ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:09 PM · edited Fri, 07 August 2009 at 8:09 PM

shaking voice

Okay, I think I just experienced an encounter of the third kind. I was going to the CP software page, when all of a sudden I noticed all the full versions weren't listed there anymore; So I clicked immediately on the Friday bazaar link, but in the 2 minutes the page took to refresh, everything had gone back to normal, including the software pages.

Either that was just a server hickup, or the "Poser periods" are really short, and given the truly amazing speed of the CP website, you just have no chance: The time to put it on your cart and check out, it will be back to $250.  :-(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.