Tue, Oct 22, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: My little creative corner

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 9:50 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 8:08 PM

file_435600.jpg

Hello All I thought I would share a little of my creative world such as it is in its humble beginnings. This is my little studio the light box is the newest addition, you might give me your opinion should I have placed the defusing panels on the inside of the PVC frame to hide the frame just a little or do you thing it will work just as well as they are, at this point everything is subject to change, haven’t got a chance to use the light box but I’m looking forward to it when time permits. I built the light towers and boom out of 1 inch PVC pipe and the light box out of 1/2 inch PVC pipe, the defusing panels are recessed light panels cut to fit. The only part of the light towers and the boom that I’ve glued are the bases the rest can be disassembled. The lights are standard shop light’s, I’ve attached dimmer switches to each one. Oh, my table is an old hospital food tray, I can adjust the height and it’s on rollers so it’s easy to position where I want it. I bought two of these tables and at the time I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them or why I bought them in the first place, but now one holds the excess props and the other I use as you see here. Very low cast for hours of great fun, well that’s about it for Royce’s creative corner hope I haven’t bored you too much. And I hope every ones week is going great and all is well!

Royce

Royce

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Wed, 29 July 2009 at 9:55 PM

file_435601.jpg

A closer view of the light box.

Royce

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 4:26 AM · edited Thu, 30 July 2009 at 4:30 AM

file_435614.jpg

Royce It looks very good to me.I put the white material of my Light Tent on the inside.

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 5:34 AM

I have to say very clever job. Simply but looks to me will do the job perfectly. Like the idea about a dimmer switch. I use white paper front of the lamp if I want dim light or just pull the lights a bit away from a tent. This is probably just my way of thinking, I find a box a bit small. Just incase you planning to capture something bigger object the box /space might be a bit thight.  Exsample, vase full of flower with a fruit bowl, dinner plate with a glass of vine. This is an observation not a critique. So I guess we will see many great still life shot in your gallery. I am curious for sure.

seeya  Tunde

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 6:56 AM

Neatly done...I am now wanting to see how well it works for you.

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 30 July 2009 at 7:51 AM

Babuci there is other ways to photograph bigger stuff. I will search on the net for more information.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.