Thu, Sep 19, 6:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Dynamic clothing question about Brother Paul

EugyptuS ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 12:20 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 11:56 AM

file_436950.jpg

My problem is that when I run the simulation, the back of the robe always goes right through the chair. I followed pappy411's tutorial and even messaged him and then he directed me here.  I have the chair ticked for collision and still it goes through....................can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mike

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 12:59 PM

it is probably because the mesh of the chair or the mesh of the robe is too low, one is slipping through the other because it is not detecting collisions properly.

My thoughs would be that it is the chair that is too low.  It you can put a high res cube in where the chair seat is, and parent it to the chair (so they move together) you should be able to get the robe to collide with the cube.

Just make the cube invisible when rendering.

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

grichter ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2009 at 2:43 PM

Make sure the chair is outside the robe at frame zero. Let the robe drape a few frames, then slide the chair under the character and then have them sit down. I bought this a few days ago, but have yet to give it a go as I have been doing other things in P8. If you want I can give it a try and report back here my results over the weekend.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.