Wed, Sep 25, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: PSD files

tiresta ( ) posted Wed, 23 September 2009 at 1:30 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

As I work more with Photoshop and Paint shop pro, I would like to see more varity in ready- made poses (bodies, not necessarily with hair) and clothing to suit them. I have exhausted the the ones available now to the point of bordom and am looking for new ones. . there just arent any out there.

NathalieBennet ( ) posted Fri, 25 September 2009 at 1:35 PM

It would be awesome to have more 2D merchandise here. I work with Photoshop too and I am eager to have body poses in png or psd format.

tiresta ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 5:38 PM

It has been awhile since I found any really good PDS files to work with. . what happened to all my favorite artists??

Lucie ( ) posted Tue, 06 October 2009 at 8:54 PM

I used to have some in the store here but that kind of product never sold all that well in this store so most of them have been removed for lack of sales after a while, I think I only have maybe two of them left here, the rest I offer elsewhere.   I'm not even sure that Renderosity still accepts those products, there have been some debates about them in the past.

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

tiresta ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 8:32 AM

PSD's are what your backgrounds usually are. . of course they are accepted. Artists such as ilona have a few. . . .which I have already bought. So I am searching for more. 2D art is just as much of an artform as 3D. . I don't know why they would not accept them.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 12:14 PM

So you just want some images of figures posed to use in photoshop ? 

That should be easy enough to do .  Any preference on poses ?  everyday or pinup types ?

NathalieBennet ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 1:43 PM

So you just want some images of figures posed to use in photoshop ? 
That should be easy enough to do .  Any preference on poses ?  everyday or pinup types ?

This would be awesome.
For me everyday poses are better... the ideia is get some parts of the body (like neck, chin, hands, foots) to fix a 2D body when it is necessary.
Thank you.

Lucie ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 2:35 PM · edited Wed, 07 October 2009 at 2:39 PM

PSD isn't necessarily backgrounds, psd is just a photoshop format and it can be an awful lot of things...  ;)

When you say different poses then, do you mean that you would like those poses for Poser, and backgrounds and accessories for photoshop?  Because unless I'm mistaken, Ilona doesn't have 2D renders of the human figures in her packs, she offers poses in them that are to be used in poser, the backgrounds in 2D are jpg's and the props, hair, outfits in 2D are in psd/png, (she may also have some props for poser...)  

What I was talking about in my previous post was 2D renders of the human figures (like V4, A4 etc...) and this you won't find a lot of in the store.  Since you talked about poses in psd I kinda assumed you wanted 2d renders of human figures in various poses, clothes and hair already on them and the reason why Rendo may be reluctant to accept those doesn't have much to do with wether or not it's art.

Do you know the vendor Folkvangar?  She has some beautiful painted outfits with the poser poses that go with them and some other 2d accessories and gorgeous backgrounds in her store as well:  Folkvangar's store

"2D art is just as much of an artform as 3D."

I couldn't agree more, I mostly do 2D now...  lol 

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 07 October 2009 at 11:48 PM

OK, I probably have this completely wrong :(   but here are a couple of quick examples .

http://rapidshare.com/files/290123548/v4posed.zip

These are V4 with a pose applied and rendered with the default skin.  They were saved as png files and should appear in photoshop with a transparent background. 

If that IS what people want I can do dozens pretty quickly.   Its simple enough to do the same thing but with clothes, although I dont have much for V4 .

If its completely wrong can someone point to an example ?

tiresta ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 12:45 PM

YES! Exactly. . .only maybe a bit bigger. Something I can put my own Hair and clothes on. . .(clothes would be nice too. . ..)

Yes I am familiar with Folkvangar. . .been there, bought them, used them. . . .want more.
As for Ilona. . .yes she does. .although they are grey scale. . look at her Instant Hair and clothes items. That is what I am looking for.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 1:28 PM

ok, I will whip up a bundle of stuff. The examples were I think 600 square, Is 2000 too big ?   

tiresta ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 1:29 PM

No cause I want to be able to resize them to wahteve I am working with.

NathalieBennet ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 1:32 PM

2000 px will be great. Let me know when it's ready, please.
Thank you.

NemesisT ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 3:56 PM

What style of clothes would you be looking for ?
If you have any pictures or reference material feel
free to send them my way and I'll see if I can work
something up aswell :)

tiresta ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 8:53 PM

All styles really. From Fantasy to Sci fi

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2009 at 11:41 PM

http://www.sharecg.com/v/37458/2D-Resources/v4-png-layers

I have posted some new samples at sharecg.com 

These are various poses of V4 at 2000 x 2000 . The figure may be smaller but hopefully usefull.
No clothing on these.

NathalieBennet ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 7:09 PM

I tried to see your new samples, but I couldn't... Am I doing something wrong? Because I went into the link http://www.sharecg.com/v/37458/2D-Resources/v4-png-layers and there was nothing in there.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2009 at 9:34 PM

http://rapidshare.com/files/290947273/V4_sampler.zip

sharecg wont accept the zip file for some reason. I have moved it to rapidshare.

NathalieBennet ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 7:30 AM

Now I got it all right. Thank you so much. I’ve sent you a site mail ok?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 10:30 AM

ok, replied to sitemail.  

For others who might read this thread the pack at rapidshare is FREE. Its a selection of the poses I ran off as a test of my script that does them. 

The full sets are a set of poses with each pose rotated 45 degrees each time for a full circle , so 8 pictures each pose. That adds up to a LOT of images, so I selected some out.

I have put a question to DAZ and a store to see if these are OK as a store product. There is a little issue with the wording of the Daz license.  

regards

tiresta ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2009 at 12:56 PM

These are great! Thank you so much. . . .I will see about fitting clothes and hair to them now. . .a little tweeking and I can make alot more stuff now! (the whole bundle would be nice. . . but these are great. Hopefully DAZ will ok it! They are like PAper dolls!)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.