Thu, Sep 19, 9:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Victoria 4.2 crosstalk/magnetize clothing - can it be turned off?

bluecity ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 8:39 AM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 2:31 AM

This might be a stupid question, but one of the things that drive me bananas about V4 (and a big reason why I don't use her much) is that some clothing made for her that has the same morphs in her body will automatically change when the corresponding morph in her body is changed (because of the magnetize/crosstalk "feature" in her). As I often use a combination of custom morphs and magnets to fit clothing on my characters (for example, fixing the dread "cleavage cling") and would much prefer the crosstalk/magnetize turned off in V4 as it creates a lot of problems or just plain doesn't fit right.

Is there any simple way to have the clothing or V4 NOT do this by default?

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:18 AM

Okay, this should work:

Start Poser.  Load the clothing by itself with nothing else in the scene.  Immediately save the clothing back in the figures library under a new name (just in case you want the superconforming original for some reason).

The clothing you saved as new clothes should not autodial when loaded.

If you happen to also use DAZ Studio, the clothing is going to superconform no matter what if the dial names are the same.  However, in Poser, re-saving it should break the link.

bluecity ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 9:27 AM

Ah! That worked. Thanks.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 03 October 2009 at 10:09 AM

The simplest way to disable "figure to clothing" ERC, is to it edit out of the clothing.
You can do this by just removing the offending lines with a suitable (text) editor (be sure to work on copy).

jt411 ( ) posted Mon, 05 October 2009 at 7:32 PM

Thanks for the info nruddock!
Could you point me to a tutorial that shows exactly how to remove the ERC from the .CR2 file? The ERC comes back in Carrara too!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.