Fri, Aug 2, 10:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Transfering Magnets after Clothing Conversion?

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 2:05 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

Is there a way to transfer clothing Magnets after converting clothing from one character to another?

Tools at hand:

Poser 6&7 (P8 don't work on Win2000 so don't suggest it)
CrossDresser3
Tailor 1.6.1
MorphManager

Current task:

Converted Aery Soul's V3 Fantasy-I Spring outfit to V4 with CrossDresser then added GND4 and Alice3 morphs with Tailor

The Top and Panties and Necklace have magnets attached in the original V3 version for added posablility and adjustment; I would like to transfer them to the newly converted clothing.
I see there may be an issue with the panties due to the muchly different joint system, but I think the Top and Necklace ones should at least work...If I can figure out how?

Perhaps someone knows of a Python Script already done that would do this? Or another means to copy a magnet from one figure to another...I tried saving the one magnets from the original figure to the Props library and then apply them to the new figure but they only seem to load with no influance on the new figure, I tried adding infulance to the loaded magnet but the results where BAD.

Propschick ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 2:14 PM

If it helps, you could try Netherworks or Lyrras morphkit/magnets from daz - I use that for fbms and pbms - last ditch effort maybe morph magic ?

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 2:31 PM

Propschick; I believe those would be good to create fitting magnets or converting from scratch, but I want to add 'movement' magnets from one piece to an already converted piece.
I may be wrong but I do not think the magnets in the ones you mention would give the effect of the ones I am trying to transfer over....? These are more 'loose' fit type magnets rather then 'fitting' type magnets, used to pull various parts out for floating and movement rather then fitting the contour of the figure's shape.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 10 October 2009 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 10 October 2009 at 4:04 PM

The magnets should be movable to the converted figure, but as the name of the figure has probably changed, you'll need to fix up that information in the base prop for each magnet (I think this mostly affects the parenting, as the groups should be the same).

The real problem is the need to reposition them and adjust the zones appropriately so that the vertices of the converted item that are affected match those affected in the oringal item, which is not likely to be a simple job, but ate least you don't have to start from scratch (assuming you manage to transfer the magnets in the first place).

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2009 at 5:58 PM

I figured that as the magnets are Parented that I would be able to save them to the props library and have them re-load to the new item all set to go - but alas it is not that simple, I think because as you note nruddock that the names have changed in the new item (something I had not forseen). However I also noted that when saving the magnets they did not give the customary window asking to be saved as parented either...perhaps this just does not work for magnets.

But they do see to load in the correct spot, just not parented and the properties not set; however it was not as easy as just reparenting either for that is what I tried but when I moved the magnet it was ALL OFF compared to how the original magnet effects the original clothing - so then I thought perhaps I could just manually dial in the properties to the magnet base and zones...but then I found this too was not going to be an easy task at all (especially not with several magnets to deal with!)

I thought however there was a tool within one of the clothing converters that offered this task but I do not seem to see it (I also have PhilC's clothing converter as well); 'handles' yes, 'magnets' no...oh well, I will just try to recreate them the best I can manually

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.