Thu, Oct 3, 12:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: How can i turn a 3ds figure into a poser model?

haegerst ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 7:02 PM ยท edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:16 AM

Hi there!

Is there a way to turn a 3ds model of a figure into a poser model? I have a figure in 3D Studio max 7, but i am a big fan of poser. I would like to turn the Max model in a poser figure. I have not yet added bones in max, i thought it would probably only work when i do it in poser. But i must admit i have no clue where to start, i have imported the 3ds export fine and it looks great but it's a solid rock statue, unposable. Do i also have to define own magnets, morph targets and so on or is there a way to easily apply them to the 3ds. I am sure others have gone through this before, but i could not find a matching tutorial. Any tip? Help! :(

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 7:21 PM

If you group tyhe model you can use phibuilder to create the figure, or load all the bodyparts in poser, set the hierarchy with hierarchy editor and then create a figure from that (its at the bottom.) then tweak your joint zones and add morphs .

http://www.sharecg.com/share.php?upload_section_id=1&upload_type_id=11&upload_id=32860

its an old old document but still works in Poser 7.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 30 October 2009 at 7:58 PM

you might consider changing the format to .obj, which is more common in Poser. Blender, xroads, Wings 3d, and almost any modeler should be able to convert them.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 6:40 PM

haeg, please post render of model in max, that we might see what it looks like.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.