Sun, Oct 6, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: P3dO 2.2.5 with Carrara thumbnails

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 12:31 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

Hi there,
this is the latest P3dO with this great Carrara update.

• 2.2.5 is mostly an update for Carrara with exclusive and free Carrara thumbnails.
  • Also include a PoserPython update for Poser 8, previously published this summer.
  • A P3dO menu can be added to the Shell context menu (set it in Setup or File Format Association dialog).

I recently came accross the problem of users having problem configuring P3dO for Poser.
It is important that the Poser paths (in Options dialogs) be configured properly.
They should normally be detected automatically but it sometimes fails.
I tried to improve the LibraryPrefs location selection in this update.

For those who don't know P3dO, it is a file manager for Poser, Carrara, Vue and somehow Bryce and Hexagon.
It shows thumbnails and Textures lists with path for Poser, thumbnails and Textures lists for Carrara and thumbnails for Vue, Texture list for Hexagon, merge bitmaps thumbnails for Bryce.
There are custom Favorites to make you own organization, Rsr2Png converter, OBJ 3D viewer, OBJ cached thumbnails, ZIP/RAR thumbnails, handy mass renamer and PoserPython the direct opener for Poser.

Note that PoserPython will open in Poser without the need to open any listener script (Prpc) in Poser.

Happy halloween,

Yarp
www.senosoft.com

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 10:16 AM

Yarp I really would have liked this app. I downloaded it today only to find out that it's PC only. Please change your writeup on the freebies page that says "any system" to PC only. How I wish there was one for the Mac.

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 11:00 AM · edited Sat, 31 October 2009 at 11:01 AM

Oops, sorry. Missed that one.

However, P3dO is working fine on Mac OS X with a CrossOver. This one at least: ( http://www.codeweavers.com/  ), but there's no reason it won't work with another one. 
Of course like many other Windows app.

Fixed. Thank you for reporting the problem.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 11:24 AM

Quote - Oops, sorry. Missed that one.

However, P3dO is working fine on Mac OS X with a CrossOver. This one at least: ( http://www.codeweavers.com/  ), but there's no reason it won't work with another one. 
Of course like many other Windows app.

Fixed. Thank you for reporting the problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I didn't know about CrossOver not needing an actual version of Windows. I think I'll buy it.

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 11:56 AM

It was a suprised for me too. I just learned about it this week. A notice from a Mac P3dO user.
He said that Windows applications on Mac are greedy.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 12:12 PM

It seems that only certain programs will run with Crossover. I searched thru the list and my programs are not there. A few years ago I bought an HP just to do home design. Of course I had to learn windows first. Anyway I still have the program, Punch Interior Design, but it's not listed either. Also Stomp, Poseray and a lot of the little utilities and graphics apps like Truespace are not listed either. I could get crossover and try all these things but since I don't know the apps then how will I know if they work properly. I guess I might hold off on this as I really don't have the time to experiment.

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 12:24 PM

Sure, they are not listed but you'll note that most application listed there are applications runned by big companies. The ones that can pay somebody just to do communication, but I would be surprised if they all have been fully tested (I mean thoroughly)

Of course there's a risk, but the principa of CrossOver si to emulate the Win32 API on MAC OS X. So any Windows application that doesn't do fancy things (like hacking the system) should work. That is most of them.

I agree it is a bet. Maybe you should talk about this with other Mac users first.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 1:03 PM

Well I bought it so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

yarp ( ) posted Sat, 31 October 2009 at 1:42 PM

I honestly think it is a good decision. I would be more concerned with the disk space used and memory consumption than with compatibility issues.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.