Mon, Sep 9, 8:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: How do i add a new hip 2 V4?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:05 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:07 PM

I have created a new hip with added polys(not in any areas where they are connected ie thigh etc) how do i replace the old V4 hip with the new one without upsetting the Material zones and the vertice order, as i have had mixed success, sometimes it ruins the material zones on the rest ov V4, or the vertice order is off so that i cannot add existing morphs to the other body parts.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:30 AM

I would be inclined to make it a conforming figure and simply hide the original hip. Otherwise use the alternate geometry feature. I have not tried that for the hip though only hands and feet .

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 04 November 2009 at 10:39 AM

Hip replacement at such a young age!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 05 November 2009 at 2:56 AM · edited Thu, 05 November 2009 at 2:59 AM

Simple.

I take it you had zeroed your figure first before you made your new hip.
1-Load your figure.
2-Import your new hip. ( if everything was zeroed first it should line up.)
3-Export your figure without the old hip and with the new hip. ( selections in export herichy file.)As a Wave front object with everything checked in export options except as morph target. With a new name such as V4_New_Hip.
4-Place that new .obj in what ever file you want but as long as you have renamed it. It can go into the same geometery folder as the original figure's.
5-Open the original figures Cr2 with notepad or what ever Cr2 edit app you have. Replace the figure's .obj with the new versions in both/ that is 2 path lines. located at the early stages of the Cr2. You may need to change the path also if you put the new .obj somewhere else.
6-Save the new Cr2 with a new name. Very important step because you don't want to over-write your original Cr2. Not a good thing.

That's it. It should all load and work as the original figure.

If you need more help IM me and I'll walk you though it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.