Tue, Oct 22, 12:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Importing content in Poser 8 question

TonyL ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 10:13 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 7:28 PM

Hi!

Just returned to Poser after a long hiatus and I see some things have changed, I hope for the better (grin).

I want to import some older content into the program. This is mostly made up of props. I have checked out the Import>docs props option but it doesn't seem to do what I want. Maybe it DOES but I'm just reading things wrong.

The stuff is all in a file called Runtime and has subfolders of objects, mats and such. I want these things to be available in the browser.

I hope somebody can help me out here because it is sure different than what I remember.

Tony

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 10:22 AM

If the main Runtime folder is already inside a zip file just unzip to your main Poser folder, usually under C:ProgramFiles: SmithMicro.
If your runtime folders are outside of a zip file, grab just the Runtime folder (and all of the folder/files nesteled inside of it) and zip it up....then unzip to your main Poser folder and everything will self install.

Hope this helps. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

TonyL ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 10:33 AM

It's a rar file. I tried opening it into Runtime and got a long list of errors.

bagoas ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 11:20 AM

Quote - It's a rar file. I tried opening it into Runtime and got a long list of errors.

This is compressed format, like a .Zip file. You can use WinRAR (or a Mac equivalent) to decompress it.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 12:10 PM

file_445756.jpg

The OP has not mentioned anything about ZIPPED content.  If Your content already exists in a separate external runtime, you can add that folder to your Poser app.  There are 2 methods. 

Method 1 is shown above.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 12:14 PM

file_445757.jpg

Method 2, using the built-in script above.  This is practical if you have multiple external runtimes on your HD you would like to add automatically.

TonyL ( ) posted Tue, 05 January 2010 at 12:48 PM

Thanx, I'll try those. Sorry it took me so long to answer but I've been away.

Tony

taglag ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2010 at 3:56 PM · edited Sun, 10 January 2010 at 3:57 PM

I don't have this partners script on Poser 7 or 8.... Or it is not in the drop down menu...I must have something installed wrong :(

TonyL ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2010 at 4:11 PM

It didn't work for me. I have it with 8.

Tony

taglag ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2010 at 4:15 PM

humm, I hate to have to copy them all over from 7, the old fashion way.. it will take so long, and how does the compressed way work, would it not , if you zip up the entire runtime, also get the preferences as well ??

I have had that mess things up before... ?

taglag ( ) posted Sun, 10 January 2010 at 4:39 PM

I have always just done it the hard way, and copied everything over, but having heard of this new way I wanted to learn it.. :)

taglag ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2010 at 10:08 PM

It was my fault.   Blond moment, was not looking right place..that is very nice, can use runtime from anywhere..Kool.. !

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.