Tue, Oct 1, 5:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Poser to Pakled: My Brain is Full!...;)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2010 at 9:48 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 4:10 AM

Well, I guess this happens to all of us, sooner or later. After adding about 100 meg a month (easier than you think, boyos...;) I'm finally at the stage where Poser is starting to 'flake out'; adding an item in a picture seems to lock Poser up, so I'm having to 'save early and often'.

And some of it's a bit silly; loading P6 or P7 materials into P5 (news flash; they don't work), items that require injections, textures for things I don't have, etc. Heck, the database I made shows over 21,000 (20,000 of them hair colors...just kidding...;)  items loaded into Poser, and I'm about 2 months behind...;)

So...I'm wondering, I think I can delete some of the items without causing Poser distress, but I think they still show up in the listings. Is there a way to flush out some of this stuff and make Poser a bit leaner. Is there a way to make Poser look for less?

I did get some memory for Christmas, so I'm at 4 gig with plenty of Hard drive space, etc. I'm going to check the page file, but I think there's more to it than that.

And before you ask; I'm broke, so I can't afford to get a later version of Poser (would that I could...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

kyhighlander59 ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2010 at 9:59 PM

have you considered multiple runtimes? set one up for each figure, or set one up for clothes, one for hair... ect.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 12:32 AM

will Poser 5 do that?

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 12:44 AM

Quote - will Poser 5 do that?

Yes!  It will.
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 3:15 AM

Poser 5 was where multiple runtimes were first introduced.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

geep ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 4:29 AM · edited Thu, 11 February 2010 at 4:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.drgeep.com/p5/run/run.htm

file_447976.gif

*(click the image to view full size) (**click the link** above the image to view the tutorial)*

Perhaps something in this tutorial might help, perhaps. ... 😄

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:04 AM

Thanks all. So distributing things in multiple runtimes will help Poser run more quickly?
It's a policy worth persuing.

But I do need to go in and delete all the P6 materials (that part's not hard) and hopefully Poser will stop looking for them...et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...;)

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:15 AM

P6 and P7 added some nodes that P5 doesnt have (dont ask me what) . Many materials will work but obviosly any with nodes P5 doesnt have wont work.

Multiple runtimes will cut down the time Poser takes while scanning the runtime , but you get a small delay every time you switch runtimes.

Moving crap you rarely use is a good first start. er. make that , Moving the wonderous but rarely if ever used content :)  

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2010 at 10:34 PM

hmm...it's a thought. Well, when I pull up about 40% of the Materials folders in the material room, I have a folder name, and nothing in it. (sometimes when I get this situation, a 2nd click will reveal beacoup sub-folders in things like Figures and Props, but not here).

S'pose it's time to start cleanin' up. Thanks all, I'll see what I can do.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.