Sat, Aug 3, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:13 am)

Subject: Are there any plans about a new Ozone version?

Singular3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2010 at 9:44 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 3:30 AM

It is stated, that with Vue 8 an improved atmosphere system will be available. So I assume that Ozone could benefit from that. Is there any new version planned?

spedler ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2010 at 11:39 AM

If there is, there's no news on the e-on web site that I can see.

I don't think I'd buy a new version anyway. Not that it doesn't produce good results - it can and does - but I bought Ozone 4 back in May last year. Cinema 4D release 11.5 came out in September and Ozone won't work with it. There hasn't been any indication from e-on about upgrading it to work with the latest Cinema since then. Sure, they've been busy with Vue 8, but Cinema R12 will probably be out in 7-8 months given the usual release cycle from Maxon, and if Ozone 5 stopped working with that release I'd have bought two versions of Ozone for a few months use out of each one. Not getting caught that way again.

Steve

Singular3D ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2010 at 5:17 AM

Thanks for this valuable hint. I use Cinema 4D R11 at the moment, but plan to upgrade to R11.5 next month. Tested Ozone 4 and found it quite nice, but there seems to be no need to get it, till I can't use it next month any more. That's too bad. I assume that Vue 8 xStream will work, unfortunately it's too expensive, just for an atmosphere.

impish ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2010 at 7:55 AM

E-on's press release around October 13th 2009 mentions Ozone 5 to follow on at some point from the Vue 8 release.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Singular3D ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2010 at 11:28 AM

Thanks a lot. Seems I have to wait..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.