Mon, Oct 21, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:29 pm)

Subject: Conforming figures with Daz Figure Set-up tools.... Interested?

theschell ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 11:03 PM

that's the other thing i'm not impressed with... lmao... now that they've switched to a pay/free combination and have basically re-written daz from scratch we're back to square one with glitches and probs... or is it just me?

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 11:07 PM

Nope, it isn't I didn't mind the glitchware when it was free, but having paid for it, I'm not impressed. Oh well...at least C7p works well.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 8:13 AM

What glitches are you having? DS3 64 on Win 7 Pro is working pretty well for me.

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 1:31 PM

One issue has been reported on the bug tracker, the open gl display doesn't refresh, you may have seen the thread over on the Daz forums. Otherwise, I can no longer do a render using Om's Uber environment lights...well, to be specific, AO works like a charm, but IDL hangs at 5% with both of my cores running at 100%. They'll stay like for hours till I force a daz closedown and then end the process (otherwise Daz still runs even though it's closed)

I can't see it being my processor, its pretty run of the mill, amd althon x64 6000 dual core. Daz ran fine on xp with same motherboard and core. Graphics card is a sapphire Radeon 5450 with updated drivers. I can run Cararra 7 and 8 with no problems, as well as Vue 8. In fact, I was never able toi run vue with all of it's features till I got this new card and OS. It runs fine now, so I doubt it's a card problem. That leaves an issue of some kind between Daz, Win 7 and maybe the card. However, the ogl display problem is appearing on systems with other cards as well, so I don't think its a card issue (I've also reloaded drivers several times).

I'm going to uninstall Daz and do a reinstall and see if that solves anything. Beyond that, I'm stumped.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 1:53 PM

Might be a problem with AMD chips - I have an Intel i7, with a Saphire Radeon 5750 now and I had an Intel Core 2 Duo with an nVidia 7200GS before without those issues as far as i can tell.

theschell ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 2:11 PM

Seems to have alot of issues all over... runtimes don't hold as set properly and a whole host of graphics related glitches and probs... the forums here and just about everywhere are full of people trying to sort out glitches and issues... yay fun... lol

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2010 at 5:03 PM

It's odd. This started happening when I upgraded the card, ram and the OS. I think some of the problem is with win7 and the radeon card. WIn 7 seems to think the card doesn't support aero, yet it ran all the features till I made the mistake of running the performance utility in a wtf is this moment. Yet, I'm running aero everything except transparency.
Whatever is going on, Cararra and Vue 8 are running just fine. I just grabbed the zbrush demo, I'll see if that's running ok.
I'm wondering if I may have to reinstall the os?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2010 at 10:25 AM

Sounds like video driver issues at root. I may be tempting providence, but so far my system is behaving (I did lose Aero transparency at one point, but I think that was my fault).

theschell ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2010 at 11:19 AM

aint technology grand?.... lmao...

Madbat ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2010 at 4:00 PM

Yeah, it's just jim-dandy!

theschell ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2010 at 4:20 PM

lmao... isn't a day goes by i don't at some point curse gates, windows and my comp gremlins in general... lmao

Madbat ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2010 at 10:10 PM

Y'know, in a perfect world, software would actually work as advertised...
(and I woulda bought that Harley Davidson!)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.