Wed, Sep 18, 11:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Daz Cyclorama and Poser pro 2010

Pol ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 5:08 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 5:47 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to install it, but no success. I's an .exe package.

Cheers

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:39 PM

If there is an option to install it for DAZ Studio, try that option...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 29 March 2010 at 6:40 PM

Or create a dummy Poser.exe and place it in the folder of your choice.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 12:09 AM

I use hborre's method;  here's an explanation.

DAZ's installers look for Poser.exe to locate where to install;  Pro versions have a PoserPro.exe instead, so the Daz installer gets lost in the woods.

So, make a simple Notepad text ("This is a Poser executable dummy file because DAZ installers are not too smart.") and save it, changing the file type suffix to .exe and place in the Poser Pro 2010 top folder where the PoserPro.exe is located.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Pol ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 3:00 AM

Many thanks guys, I'll try it tonight.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 3:57 AM

I just answered the same thing in the other thread, didn't notice this one till too late. :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Medzinatar ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 7:21 AM

on the older installers, like cyclorama, when dialog comes up saying "searching for installed components", hit cancel and it take you later to menu to select directory for install.

If you having multiple runtimes this may be better than putting dummy file in each folder.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 7:31 AM

Quote - I use hborre's method;  here's an explanation...

I do too, but I don't have PP, so I didn't know what the PP executable's name was.  It would be a shame to add a text file called 'poser.exe' if there already was a real poser.exe...  😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 8:59 AM

Poser Pro & Poser Pro 2010 both have an executable called PoserPro.exe, I don't generally install anything to the main Poser runtime & have a folder set up elsewhere specifically for installing Daz stuff to where I put the Poser.exe txt file.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 9:21 AM

Medzinatar is correct.  Many older installers do search for the Poser.exe automatically and will flag if not found.  Cancelling the search will work 100%.  However, newbies and individuals upgrading to the Pro series will encounter the unusual error and will subsequently panic unnecessarily.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 2:42 PM

Quote - Cancelling the search will work 100%.

And IIRC, some of the really old installers, you must cancel the search to avoid a crash (due to incompatabilities with newer Windows versions).

Also given how much larger disks are, you'd spend a huge amount of time waiting for the search to finish for each installer.

Pol ( ) posted Tue, 30 March 2010 at 5:29 PM

file_450393.jpg

Thank you so much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.