Wed, Sep 18, 11:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Matmatic error this time

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2010 at 8:47 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:47 PM

(VSS is working great, BTW.  Thanks for the help with that.)

Now I'm having trouble with Matmatic.  I'm running Poser 6 (SR3, if it matters), and I installed the P5 or 6 beta (I double-checked).  It's in my main runtime folder, at I:PoserRuntimePythonmatmatic .  I run the compiler, and it throws this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 5RuntimePythonmatmaticcompiler.py", line 8, in ?
ImportError: No module named scriptContext

Same message with verbose set to 2.  Even though it's a different error, I tried the alternate compile.py on Bagginsbill's site, and that didn't work so I went back to the original.  I can see scriptContext.pyc sitting there in the matmatic folder.  I tried making a fake Poser directory on my C drive and copying the Matmatic files there to see if it was looking for a hardcoded path, but that didn't change anything.

Any idea what's broken and how to fix it?

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2010 at 4:30 AM

BagginsBill is actually on holidays (vacation) atm... but I'm sure when he comes back he'll be able to sort this for you. You might do a search on RDNA for this problem... I dimly remember ('dimly' is a much stronger term than 'remember' in this case) that this issue has cropped up before.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 7:22 PM

I noticed BagginsBill is back, so I thought I'd bump this where he can see it.  (Nothing like getting whomped right after vacation, huh?)

The script does work on my (Vista 32) laptop, I've found.  So even if I can't get it working on my desktop, I have options.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 9:58 PM · edited Sat, 24 April 2010 at 10:00 PM

Um... Never mind.  I found it.  I did something stupid.  I'd connected my script button to compiler.pyc instead of compile.py.  It works a lot better when it's trying to run the correct thing. :P  (As I feared, user error.)

Works spiffy now!  Can't wait to play with this new toy.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 10:09 PM

Glad you got it sorted - sounds like something I would do. :blink:

Have a look on this forum for sample code... Acadia has a sticky at the top of the forum for threads relating to Matmatic. You will find yourself converting shaders from node-sets to scripts, eventually: well, you will if you're OCD like me. In trying to do that with BB's stocking shader (for which he's only ever submitted a node set).

It's all very enlightening! You're on an exciting journey: get a copy of NotePad++ -- it has syntax colouring, and is free -- and have a good time! Ask on here if you run into dramas. If I'm on but don't know the answer, I'll be sure to make something up... :tongue2:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 10:36 PM

LOL. I was just catching up to older posts. While on vacation, I was reading the forum occasionally via my phone. My phone browser does not support the the Javascript editor used by this forum to make posts, so I was unable to reply. Anyway, during vacation, I read this thread and I was going to tell you it was obvious to me that you were running compiler, not compile, but I could not.

Glad you figured it out.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.