Wed, Sep 18, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: OT: Happy Earth Day

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 7:52 AM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 5:22 PM

file_451718.jpg

Now go out there and do something carbon-neutral!

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

NoelCan ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 7:59 AM

And a VERY Happy Earth Day to YOU too....!!!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 12:34 PM

Earth Day... Bah!

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

NoelCan ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 5:31 PM · edited Thu, 22 April 2010 at 5:31 PM

Quote - Earth Day... Bah!

WHAT.....!!!!!!!          No  HUMBUG.......????????

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 7:37 PM · edited Thu, 22 April 2010 at 7:39 PM

Plants crave CO2.  So make lots more of it.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 8:42 PM

I was honestly wondering if anyone knew that these days. :)

NoelCan ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 9:25 PM

Yaaay........   Lets burn more trees and feed the plants..  Remember also that FOSSIL FUELS are old trees too...!!!!!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 10:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Earth Day... Bah!

WHAT.....!!!!!!!          No  HUMBUG.......????????

Didn't feel like it was worth the extra effort as it and arbor day are in the same category of useless days that don't really deserve to be a day at all.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Thu, 22 April 2010 at 11:55 PM

Happy Earth Day to you as well :)

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:43 AM · edited Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:45 AM

""  Didn't feel like it was worth the extra effort as it and arbor day are in the same category of useless days that don't really deserve to be a day at all.""

And How long  will it be till there are not enough trees to absorb all of the carbon dioxide that is  already here...??   Certainly not long enough for our current batch of trees to turn into FOSSIL FUEL..!!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 7:12 AM · edited Fri, 23 April 2010 at 7:14 AM

Quote - And How long  will it be till there are not enough trees to absorb all of the carbon dioxide that is  already here...??   Certainly not long enough for our current batch of trees to turn into FOSSIL FUEL..!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 1:48 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Carlin made a good point...

WARK!

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 5:27 PM

Quote -

Carlin made a good point...

Yes He does,   It is not the planet that is the problem,   it is the people..

200 years of human industry.  2,000,000 years for the Earth to recover..

After the humans are gone...!!

Greywolf Starkiller ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 8:11 PM

Ooops, he missed it! (the Point)

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 10:13 PM

Some people's religion is that humans actually control how the Earth behaves and that the planet can't survive somehow on its own.

Ever notice when stuck in a traffic jam on a highway with hundreds of gas burning SUVs just how much plant life there is growing all along the sides of the road?  There's even grass growing in the cracks of the road that the cars are driving on.

And when the Earth was much warmer and there was much more CO2, there were giant plants and giant reptiles.

NoelCan ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 10:22 PM

Quote - Some people's religion is that humans actually control how the Earth behaves and that the planet can't survive somehow on its own.

Ever notice when stuck in a traffic jam on a highway with hundreds of gas burning SUVs just how much plant life there is growing all along the sides of the road?  There's even grass growing in the cracks of the road that the cars are driving on.

And when the Earth was much warmer and there was much more CO2, there were giant plants and giant reptiles.

And Your point..?

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 23 April 2010 at 11:36 PM · edited Fri, 23 April 2010 at 11:43 PM

Quote - And Your point..?

Visit Chernobyl.  Then you will know that nature thrives on while man-made materials rot away.  Heck, visit Detroit.

I'm curious if any conservatives in Australia visit Renderosity?  I'd like to travel there one day.  I see lots of CG art being done from there in the mags.

NoelCan ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 1:36 AM

Quote   ""  Visit Chernobyl.  Then you will know that nature thrives on while man-made materials rot away.  Heck, visit Detroit.""

Please read back..!  That has been exactly My point  How many years though until  Chernobyl is safe for Humans again.?  We have had several hundred children from around that region come down here for respite and treatment for their various diseases and deformities..  Even children being born now have over twenty times the risk of a fatal radiation based illness..

Re conservatism in OZ.  Yes We do have them.   I like some of them but I could not eat a whole one..

You would be welcome here,   but see as much of Your own beautiful country first..

Yosemete is My second favorite place in all the world..  A tiny area on Fraser island called Central Station is My Number One.

Re Aussies visiting Rendo.   I am suprised that there are not more,   like You said there is a lot of work in the Mags,  but reasonably scarce here..

NoelCan ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 1:37 AM

Oh My.....     Haven't We had a FUN  Earth Day...!!!!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 24 April 2010 at 2:45 AM

I get my Ballistic Publishing CG books from Australia.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.