Tue, Sep 3, 6:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 03 4:47 pm)

Subject: Poll--I still use V3 alot?

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:10 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:07 PM

yes or no?
just wondering about if it would be worth doing something for her.
thanks
SS

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:12 PM

V3 all the time. It's easier on my system. V4 is a resource hog. Also I have more stuff for her than V4.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:32 PM
Online Now!

I still use V3 on occasions. 

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:34 PM

When I use a human figure, I still tend to use V3 ;o).

Laurie

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:36 PM

Yes V3 works well

scanmead ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 9:53 PM

Still love V3, and usually load her first.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 10:50 PM

Still using her, by all means, continue..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

basicwiz ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 10:57 PM

I still use her, but I own a boat load of things for her, so it would have to be pretty special for me to buy it. 

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 11:34 PM

Nope.  I got into poser after V4 was introduced so I never used V3.  I do have A3 and want to play with her a little when I can get the chance.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2010 at 11:46 PM

And you already KNOW which figure I use almost exclusively!  Long LIVE Posette!
dph

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 1:34 AM

I have not rendered V1, 2, or 3 in some years. Let alone Posette or her friend the Dork -or any of the Poser 2 people....

magnemoe ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 2:52 AM

Still use her but mainly as secondary character as she uses less resources, and as other say they have boatload of items for her so you need something real special for it to be interesting.

chriscox ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 5:03 AM

I still use V3 a lot.  A touch more than V4

Chris Cox

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 8:23 AM

I like V3, but when I use her body morphs, her clothes don't  support the morphs. 

Or Stephanie Petite either.

Many clothes for V4 support the morphs ++.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

skuts ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 10:35 AM

V3 exclusively. V4 is a resource hog on my system. Plus she's got those funny arms.

"Facts are the enemy of truth."

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 10:49 AM
Online Now!

Shhhhhh, don't mention the arms.  V4 is very sensitive about that.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 11:47 AM

I haven't used V3 in a long time. :)

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 12:13 PM

Quote - I like V3, but when I use her body morphs, her clothes don't  support the morphs. 

Or Stephanie Petite either.

Isn't there something in the marketplace to help with that?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 12:19 PM

A3 is my first choice.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 1:56 PM

whuff. i just finished cleaning my version 3 runtime.  ugh.  i definitely want to use those figures and i definitely do not need anything else for them.

thefunkyone_4ever ( ) posted Fri, 21 May 2010 at 2:39 PM · edited Fri, 21 May 2010 at 2:41 PM

I use V4 almost exclusively, for exactly the same reasons as MistyLaraPrincess...   Most V4 clothes come with a good chunk of Morphs++ support while V3 clothes usually dont have much morph support... V4 makes getting the clothes to fit a hell of a lot easier and no need to use wardrobe wizard to get clothes to fit !!!! :D

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 8:05 AM

I think V3 wasn't a bad mesh (I'm not a modeller though) and if she was re-rigged she would be fantastic.  When her mouth isn't too open and a nice morph she is way prettier than anything I can do with V4.  And at least she has tendons in her wrists (unlike V4 who always looks a bit puffy and too smooth to me). But she did have the spaghetti arms problems.
There are people here developing new things that could possibly rejuvenate V3, but by then I suspect daz will put out V5.
Anyway to answer the question - yes I still use her at times.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 9:47 AM

corvas already made something for V3's shoulders.  and V4's ridiculously high cut shoulders aren't any better (imho) without corvas' fix for her.  i say that having tried about 3 or 4 other fixes for them before his.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 1:34 PM

You made me curious- so I just rendered V3 for the first time since 2007. She's not bad!
And she renders fast! I will have to re-explore....

Mogwa ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 3:15 PM

I still use her constantly. If you care to purchase all the available morph packs, she remains the most versatile poser character, imho. Her textures, in both variety and quality, are excellent and don't slow my system to a crawl when rendering.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 3:54 PM · edited Sat, 22 May 2010 at 3:56 PM

Yes, do use her more then V4, but I've got a lot of things for her, I wouldn't buy something new quickly.

But... such a poll will not give you a good overview....... Most people who buy stuff will never visit these forums, there's only a very small fraction of the people buying at these and other forums. I'd say most like 90% of the people who buy stuff, never participate in any of the major forums.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 4:41 PM
Site Admin

I try to use all the models I have.(including V3) As long as I can find something for them to wear.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 22 May 2010 at 6:46 PM

I must be in the 10% - I buya  lot of things and I like the forums a lot.
Sometimes I hear about new things here.
Love esther

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 1:56 AM

V3 is better than I remembered. I just pulled up a few V3 characters from 2005 or so-and a late V3 from 2007. Pretty decent- especially with a modern version of Poser (Pro2010 in this case)- and BagginsBill's VSS3 and Envirosphere. She does render faster-and the face looks at least as realistic as V4's methinks.

Dang it SickenleySweete- now I feel obliged to blow the Dust off some old CD's and reload some V3 stuff! As if my Runtime was not already Giganormous!

tsquare ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 4:36 AM

I use V3 and SP3 still quite a lot.  They have quite a lot of nice clothing and are lean on resources.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 9:22 AM

I have a lot of clothing and really nice characters for V3. I hardly have anything for V4. When I saw V4 for the first time, I remember thinking it was a step backward. She looked rather toonish/out of proportion much more than her previous iterations.

Anyway, with still having so much for V3, her ease of use compared to V4, VSS, improved Poser rendering....there's no reason for me not to use Vicky 3. I have absolutely gobs of clothes for her, and since they fit her better than anyone....why try and fit those clothes to V4??

;o)

Laurie

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:04 PM

Quote - why try and fit those clothes to V4??

Because you can!

I was going to say something else ;) but opted not to.

WARK!

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 23 May 2010 at 2:12 PM

I don't need to fit em to V4...lol....they look fine on V3 ;o).

I have XD and all the plugins necessary, but if I'm satisfied with the way one of my V3 characters looks, I really don't see the need to use them converted to a V4 where they will not fit as nicely anyway ;o). Besides, if I do decide to use my V3 clothes on V4, I'll probably just convert them to dynamic...hehe.

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 2:45 PM

I use V3, and especially V3 Reduced Resolution. I think I shall be in the market for V3 textures for quite some time yet. The same goes for wearable clothes (not skimpy stuff).

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:32 PM

v3 does have s slight back hump which puts her in the 40 yr old age range.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:47 PM · edited Mon, 24 May 2010 at 6:58 PM

Hey! I'm in the 40 yr old age range and you can't even see my hump! I hide it under my double chin. I thought of throwing in the towel and just laying down and dying, but I thought better of it since I can just hide inside my house and never come out again. I hate myself when I go outside and scare children and small animals....

Apple_UK ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:41 PM

I never use V or M: Poser rules

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 7:48 PM

I use whichever figure my images call for if they have the neccesary accesories.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 9:34 PM

it's just a fact that the shape of our thoraces change with age.  The become larger from front to back and less wide from side to side as time goes on.
Our spines slowly start to curve.  If you have good posture your whole life it might not be so apparent until you are 60 or more.
Love esther

Prometheus273 ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 10:54 PM

I use V2 and V3.  Never downloaded V4.  By the time I amass a whole new wardrobe for her, V5 would make her debut.  Between magnets, the morphing tool, Wardrobe Wizard, and Photoshop for postwork, I can do anything with my girls.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:04 PM

file_453387.jpg

I was thinking that V3 makes a good 30-40 year old to go with the 20 something V4. Here is V4 and V3 reunited after several years- French Amelie V4 on left- and my final V3 from 2004 (?) on the right. V3 looks to be 40 ish. Which is great if I want to render a more mature character! I think she would be a more believable Starship Captain for instance...

LaurieA- I am glad I was NOT drinking water when I read your post about scaring children and animals. It would have been sprayed all over the computer!

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:11 PM

LaurieA - hehe sorry, you can come out now.
I was just thinking about you when I was in the product showcase forums looking at the new dynamic clothes.  where are your dynamic clothes?  I would really love to buy the t-shirts and jeans when they are finished.  Please don't forget about that project.

Eric the V3 looks 40 or so and the girls look in their early 30s to me.

Love esther

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:24 PM

Hi Esther

I think you are right! They are all younger than me anyway. :-) In Callyfohnia (How Arnold Der Governator says it) the drinking age is 21. They look like teens to me! So I guess I am a poor at estimating age.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:27 PM

V3s face could be morphed to look very young. with V4 it is more difficult, but her body can be made to look young.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:42 PM

LOLOL!!

Laurie

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:45 PM

I only use V3.  No V4.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 24 May 2010 at 11:50 PM

someone made a magnet to dehump her back once. I think it was in free stuff.
Love esther

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2010 at 6:28 AM

A3 is still my first choice but there is no getting around it.

It is a M4, V4 world.  There is still lots of stuff for V3 but it is being pushed aside for V4.

Until V5 comes along.

egaeus ( ) posted Fri, 28 May 2010 at 6:13 AM · edited Fri, 28 May 2010 at 6:14 AM

I use V3 almost exclusively.  While I like V4's facial expressions and easy morphing, V3 always looks like a person, whereas you have to have the right texture to make V4 realistic.  V3 appears to actually have bones in her face; V4's face is unnaturally smooth.  In addition, I prefer the old "one texture fits all" idea of the generation 3 figures rather than the "let's make more money by making it impossible to swap textures" philosophy.

bluecity ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 10:40 AM

I still use V3 almost exclusively. I've never really warmed up to V4.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 09 June 2010 at 11:44 AM

I use all of 'em at the time it suits.  Have to say I'm disappointed overall with V4.  Seems like a missed opportunity to me.  

I hate the default shape and there's something inherently "off" about it that no amount of morphs seem to cure, unless you go the Blackhearted route and redo the whole thing from top to bottom.  

I like the way V4 bends when compared to V3** ** but that's not saying much.

Never did take to any of the Poser native figures much.  Posette, in its time, was great.  Still useful now and again (Hi David).  Says a lot that it's an old Zygote/DAZ figure, huh?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.