Thu, Sep 19, 6:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: how do artists save MAT pose, INJ poses.... etc to library

AnyMatter ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 2:42 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 1:19 PM

Hi there, i just wonder how do artists create  MAT and INJ poses into pose library? i've tried to change the material of certain character, and save it into pose library, but all it does is its only saved the figure's transformation and rotation data, not the mat properties, also the same thing goes to INJ poses.  in addition, im curious about 'fit to ' poses ,  basically can be found in pose library... how to create 'fit to ' poses ?( let me guess, is it using zbrush , just by altering the mesh vertices, & load as morph target to poser?)   OH AND FINALLY..... i noticed a pose (magnet fit to) that only save the magnet data... means by clicking the 'magnet fit to' icon , the magnets will appear around the figures body... how do i save these kind of data into library... does advanced script needed???thanks !

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 4:35 AM

Some tutorials might help you.  There are many in the Poser Tutorial section.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 5:49 AM

I don't bother making MAT poses any more.  I save them to the Material Library as Material Collections.  They can be edited to turn them into MAT Poses but I really don't see the point now.  MAT Poses were a hack, never officially supported by the Poser creators.  With the Material Room, they ain't necessary, so why bother?

For INJ and REM poses I've always used a utility such as Injection Magic but I haven't ever made any for the Gen 4 figures; I guess you'd need something else. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 7:50 AM

Like ST, I'm not making MAT Poses any longer.  I'm not supporting anything below Poser 6 so I'm using Material Collections.

For INJ/REM Poses, I'm using a python script by SVDL called SpawnCharacterP6.  It's in the Free Stuff and works wonderfully for custom characters and custom morphs.

Injection Pose Builder works too and I have the library files in my Free Stuff for the Gen4 characters, except the Kid4 and Steph4 but I'll get them up this weekend.

I never had much luck with Injection Magic for the Gen4 characters but I used it alot on the Gen3 characters before I started making custom morphs.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 8:11 AM · edited Fri, 23 July 2010 at 8:16 AM

file_456465.png

There are various ways to do all those things. A MAT pose is just the 'materials' code blocks from the 'figure' section of a cr2, packaged as as a pz2. If you make a template file like this: {
version
    {
    number 3
    }

figure
    {

# Materials go above this line.
    }
}

You can copy the material blocks out of a cr2 and paste them into the place indicated in the above template. At a pinch it can be done using a text editor, but it is much easier to use a cr2 editor such as the free "CR2Builder", or "Cr2Editor", or the excellent (but not free) "Poser File Editor" from D3D. Since P6, there is an even easier way to make a MAT pose. First make a 'material collection' (mc6), then open it in a text editor and replace the line that reads "mtlCollection" with the line "figure". Now save the file back to a pose folder with a pz2 file extension. The important point to understand is that any pz2 (pose) file, is just a subset of what is in the cr2 (or other library file) that you are making the pose for. So you can create any kind of pz2 file by copying the parts from a cr2, and saving the result as a pz2 file. The above image shows materials being copied from a cr2 (left) to a pz2 template (right) in CR2Builder.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 9:56 AM

file_456467.png

(click image for larger view) There are two types of INJ files. "INJ" can be used to mean a delta injection file, or to mean a MOR pose that also uses 'readScript' lines to call delta injection files. So there are three things to learn about here, More Poses, Delta Injection, and 'readScript'.

A MOR pose is just the dial settings for targetGeom (morph) channels. If you save a pose in Poser using the "Include morph channels in pose set" option, then strip out the rotation and translation channels, you have a MORE pose.

A Delta Injection pose is in essence just 'targetGeom' channels packaged as a pz2. It can be made in much the same way as a MAT pose, by copying targetGeom (morph) channels into a pz2 template. Here is a template for the head, neck, and BODY:

{

version
    {
    number 3
    }

actor BODY
    {
    channels
        {

# <span style="color:rgb(0,255,0);">valueParm</span> channels go above this line.
        }
    }
actor neck
    {
    channels
        {

# <span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">targetGeom</span> channels go above this line.
        }
    }
actor head
    {
    channels
        {

# <span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">targetGeom</span> channels go above this line.
        }
    }
}

if the morphs are part of an FBM, you will need to do a couple of extra steps. Copy the corresponding 'valueParm' channels from the BODY actor, and remove the figure numbers from the slaving code. There are some utilities that can help you make delta injection files. svdl's "SpawnCharacterP6 update" py script is easy to use, and I highly recommend it, but it only works on figures that use DAZ style PBMCC_## channels. "Pozers Little Helper" (PLH) will work on any figure but has a steeper learning curve.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 11:16 AM

The Poser 'readScript' command (note the upper case "S") can be used in a pose file to call other pose files. It can be used in a MOR pose to call a delta a injection pose. After the readScript command, the line contains the path to the delta injection pose, using ":" in place of "/" as the separator, and with the path enclosed in double quote marks, eg: {

version
        {
        number  3
        }

readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!Injections:Project:Elf_Face_DELTAS.pz2"
        readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!Injections:Project:Elf_Ears_DELTAS.pz2"

actor head
        {
        channels
                {
                targetGeom PBMCC_01
                        {
                        name Elf Face
                        hidden 0
                        keys
                                {
                                k 0 1
                                }
                        }
                targetGeom PBMCC_02
                        {
                        name Elf Ears
                        hidden 0
                        keys
                                {
                                k 0 0.5
                                }
                        }
                }
        }
}

The above pose file would load (for example) elf face and elf ears morphs, set the dial names, and hidden status for the dials, set the Elf Face morph to be fully expressed, and the Elf Ears morph to be expressed at a value of 50%. Note that a normal delta injection can only inject a morph into a channel that already exists in the figure.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 11:24 AM

There's also the option of using PMD injections which is probably the easiest thing in the Poserverse :) The backside is that it requires Poser...er.. 6 I think or higher.. (I can't remember if it worked in Poser 5 but I don't think so)

Savve your finished character with "Use External Morph targets" switched ON (normally this should preferably be turned off because there's always a risk that the files will go corrupt) then write a few lines of text and save those as your INJ.pz2. For examples of the pz2, you can download for instance my Ten For Ben - 10 new faces for the poser 6 boy. That'll show you how :)

Always keep in mind that Poser's files (except the PMD which are in binary format) are plain .txt files with a fancy extension, meaning they can be opened in a text editor like Notepad++ - that way yo can dissect them yourself and find out how it's made :) 
If you're a "hands on" kind of person, like me, that is the best way of learning it.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

deni67 ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2010 at 9:51 PM

I use ShaderWorks Library Manager by Semidieu at RDNA, does everything except make my bed.
http://www.runtimedna.com/ShaderWorks-Library-Manager.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.