Tue, Oct 1, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Removing IK from a figure?

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:17 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 12:10 PM

Is there any way to actually remove IK from a cr2 without messing anything up?

I don`t just want to switch it off (it is clothing).

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:23 PM

Take it into the set up room and open the hierarchy editor.
Select an IK chain.
Hit the delete key.

Thats it :)

Sounds like it should work in the Pose room but I found that was not always the case so I use the set up room.

Then because you have gone into the set up room Poser may create a new OBJ file for it, if so just edit the CR2 to point back to the original.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 5:36 PM

Great, thank you.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 7:17 PM

Or another way is to open the CR2 in a text editor, go to the very bottom of the file and in-between the weld and add child statements you'll see 4 lines that are inky Chain...just delete those and save! 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 7:53 PM

Quote - Or another way is to open the CR2 in a text editor, go to the very bottom of the file and in-between the weld and add child statements you'll see 4 lines that are inky Chain...just delete those and save! 😉

I thought that you might be able to do that but I wasn`t sure if it would mess up the cr2 in some way.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:09 PM · edited Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:17 PM

file_458781.jpg

I'm sure Phil's method will work fine, but for the sake of completeness, and to give you an alternative, here is how I do it. I do it in a text editor, or a cr2 editor. First step is to **save the figure with IK turned off**, this is important, because otherwise the parenting will be wrong. Open the cr2 in a text editor, or cr2 editor. The IK stuff is in the 'figure' section of the cr2, search for the string "inkyChain", this will be at the start of every IK code block. Delete all the IK code blocks. The image above shows what what the IK code blocks for V4 look like in CR2Builder, below is what they look like in a text editor:
        inkyChain     LeftLeg  
                {
                off
                name LeftLeg
                addLink lThigh:1
                addLink lShin:1
                goal lFoot:1
                linkWeight 0 1
                linkWeight 1 0.2
                }
        inkyChain     RightLeg  
                {
                off
                name RightLeg
                addLink rThigh:1
                addLink rShin:1
                goal rFoot:1
                linkWeight 0 1
                linkWeight 1 0.2
                }
        inkyChain     LeftArm  
                {
                off
                name LeftArm
                addLink lCollar:1
                addLink lShldr:1
                addLink lForeArm:1
                goal lHand:1
                linkWeight 0 0.2
                linkWeight 1 0.04
                linkWeight 2 0.008
                }
        inkyChain     RightArm  
                {
                off
                name RightArm
                addLink rCollar:1
                addLink rShldr:1
                addLink rForeArm:1
                goal rHand:1
                linkWeight 0 0.2
                linkWeight 1 0.04
                linkWeight 2 0.008
                }

There are also two lines relating to the IK chains in the goal actors (hands and feet), these lines are: inkyParent * nonInkyParent *

Where "*" is the name of an actor, it will do no harm to leave these lines in, as IK was completely disabled by deleting the stuff from the 'figure' section, but if you want to do a really thorough clean up, you can delete these lines also. P.S. DarkEdge already said it, but as I had already written this before I saw his post, I might as well post it.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 9:09 PM

Thank you.

santicor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 9:29 PM

Les is always very thorough  and also  very  correct -  but I dont have a prob  doing  what  Phil  C said, in the Pose room,  and also  you  wil want to  save the figure to your runtime after you  have delted  the IK chain  lines in the hierarchy editor

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 11:18 PM

I would use PhilC`s method with poser open but I would likely edit the cr2 in a text editor if poser was not open.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.