Wed, Sep 18, 10:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: daz to poser

cfpage ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2010 at 8:29 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 7:25 AM

how do I get a custom character made in daz to poser ?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 8:37 AM

Custom in what sense? If it's made by dialing in morphs, use the free Poser Format Exporter script from the DAZ store to save a pz2 or fc2 (face) file, including the morphs but not the transforms.

If you made it with DForms in DS zero the pose (and all but the custom morph), hide all but the affected part and export as OBJ with the Poser preset and Exclude invisible selected in the options (or if it spans multiple parts you'll need to do this for each part in turn), then in Poser select the part and import the OBJ as a morph target 9from the Object menu or the proerptioes panel). If you want to share the morph then the pose is no problem, but for the OBJ approach you need to open the OBJ in a text editor and remove all but the lines starting with v (as long as there are no morphs you didn't make included - if there are then you need to separate out your contribution from the other morphs). There are also some scripts that will help, but they play better with DS2 than DS3.

cfpage ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 11:58 AM

thanks for your reply,
what I did was use figure mixer to morph, david to luke , I already had done this in a 3d program
and imported the obj's to poser but the rigging got messed up, so i thouht by doing it in daz
and saving the char. it would be better, in short exporting the obj are no good, wanted to make
a inject pose for poser from the fig in daz. but it seems to be over my head thanks.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 3:10 PM

Ah, with a mixed figure it isn't just a morph you are looking at but modified rigging too. Using the CR2 exporter from the Figure Setup Tools (a separate item in the DAZ store) is your only option, though I did notice someone was having problems with that route a couple of days ago (but someone who has done it offered some suggestions to help).

Bejaymac ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 2010 at 7:23 PM · edited Tue, 07 September 2010 at 7:25 PM

No idea if DAZ have fixed the issue with mixed figures or not, but when you use the .cr2 exporter it asks you to create an .OBJ, problem is that the mesh you create doesn't have one to reference so it's vertice order is all over the place. This means every single morph saved into the .cr2 is working on the wrong vertices, with the end result being morphs (including JCM's) exploding the mesh when thier used.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2010 at 8:40 AM

Try freezing the mix, then zero the pose and export as OBJ using the Poser preset but changing the group setting to use existing

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.