Sat, Oct 5, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Blade blur??

vlgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 7:47 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:18 PM

I'm trying to create a "blade blur" prop for motokamishii's ReiSen 21 model, but am having no luck. I've read (and re-read and re-re-read) Bazze's tutorial, followed (or so I thought) all the steps, but when I render is Poser, all I get is a solid colored disc. The object that I'm applying both the color and alpha maps to is a circular .obj that was created in RealSoft3D and smoothed so that it has no hard edges. I've made sure that when I plug my alpha image into the Transparency node that it is set to 1.000 and the image map is set to Alpha. Should the background color for that be something other than white? Is 75% gray for my color map the wrong gray? Should I set my color map to something other than 1.000? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 8:00 PM

Can you post a screenshot of your render and your material room settings?  They'd help immensely. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 8:13 PM

It sounds like you did not UV map your OBJ file. If no texture coordinates, it can't see map and only uses diffuse color

vlgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 8:18 PM

file_459378.jpg

Sorry - guess that would help.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 10:08 PM

A mapping problem for sure. Poser does have problem with long thin polygons, but object does not need to be round.
Since you are using a transmap, the object can be square, the not needed parts will be masked out.
Your image is square anyway, there no round JPEG's.

I gather you are just taking picture of propellor and applying radial blur to it in a 2D program like Photoshop.

You can apply the images to the "one-sided square" primitive in poser and not have to make object.

vlgraphics ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 2010 at 11:01 PM

Thank you, Medzinatar. You are correct, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'll try using the "one-sided square".

Touchwood ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 3:30 AM

You also need to set the Transparency edge setting. Start at .9 and adjust to your taste. The nearer to 1 you get the more transparent it will become.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 10:55 AM

An even better solution might be to make use of Poser's "3D Motion Blur" feature to actually blur the prop models in the render....just a thought.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 2:28 PM

Quote - An even better solution might be to make use of Poser's "3D Motion Blur" feature to actually blur the prop models in the render....just a thought.

Props spin too fast for that to be a realistic option.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 3:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - An even better solution might be to make use of Poser's "3D Motion Blur" feature to actually blur the prop models in the render....just a thought.

Props spin too fast for that to be a realistic option.

Depends on how many rotations you make do - it shouldn't just move a little of course, but with a large spin-degree, it'll look pretty good.

here's an example:

and the animated version:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Paul Francis ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 3:54 PM

Quote - Depends on how many rotations you make do - it shouldn't just move a little of course, but with a large spin-degree, it'll look pretty good.

...what she said.  And rendered.

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

vlgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 9:21 PM

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions. It's going to be a while now before I can get back to it, however. Again, much thanks to all!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2010 at 11:59 PM

trekkie's fan looks good IMVHO.
what I would like for poser 9 is motion blur rendering that adds a specified number of
blur frames between each still frame.  blurring every frame is not in accord with real
video, where some of the frames are sharp, but most are blurred.

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2010 at 10:08 AM

Have they fixed the rendering issue with motion blur causing transparencies to render as white squares that was seen in Poser 5? I haven't played with it yet in P8.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.