Wed, Sep 18, 10:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: The Dials Column Won't Go All the Way Down

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 10:44 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 10:50 AM

file_460813.jpg

This doesn't always happen, but when it does, it is very frustrating.  For example,  I open Michael 4 and start creating my own character.  I click on head.  The column on the right lists the dials.  I want to change his nostrils.  But I can't get to the bottom of the column!  It won't go any further down than Nose Bridge Width.  I can't create the character!   Why does this happen and how can I overcome it?   All suggestions are appreciated!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:17 AM

Sounds like the column got stuck at being a really large size up and down. I tried to replicate your issue (to an extent) by intentionally increasing the size of my parameter dial bar past the taskbar, and I ended up having the same issue as you, where I was unable to reach dials past a certain point.

What I tried as a workaround was this. I started dragging the parameter dial bar upwards a bit (it won't let you do it very far) but when you do this, it slides that window up, and then snaps back down. If you continue to do this, you can eventually bring the bottom of the parameter dial bar above your taskbar.

Of course, you could alternatively just set your screen resolution for something crazy high temporarily, and resize the bar, and change back to your normal resolution.

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:20 AM

I have tried dragging the parameter bar up, but have never tried repeating it.  Thanks! Changing screen resolution is a bit scary for me.  Doing that a long time ago really messed things up. 

ratscloset ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:26 AM

I am not sure if I am understanding the cause... I suspect the issue is the Tool Bar is taller than you window, so scrolling will not bring up the bottom of the Dials. I had this happen with Access once and had to increase the Screen Resolution so I could resize the window up and down.

For Poser, Resetting Preferences would fix this or Launching to Factory State should as well.

If the Window is growing on its own, contact Support with the details of how to reproduce that. It should not grow on its own.

ratscloset
aka John

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 11:34 AM

Thanks, John!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Wed, 27 October 2010 at 12:55 PM

Trust me, Ratscloset, the way to fix it sounds weird, but it did work. :)

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

gagnonrich ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 9:50 AM

If you're working with different screen sizes, use the UI Dots to save the Poser interface configuration for the different resolutions.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 28 October 2010 at 2:39 PM

You can also click on a dial and then use the arrow keys to navigate lower-higher.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.