Mon, Oct 21, 9:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Need Back Morphs - Are there any out there?

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 10:44 AM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:04 PM

Looking for morphs that bring out the spine, or give the spine a crease.  Shoulder Blades (the depth morph Daz provides isn't very good) etc.

Anyone seen anything like this?  (For V4 btw)

ErickL88 ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 11:35 AM

Not exactly that, but could the V4.2 Muscle Morphs be any helpful?

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/victoria-4-2?item=3940&_m=d

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 4:05 PM

I have them, and no :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 6:43 PM

I know what you mean. I have often felt the desire for some morphs (or displacement maps) to give more detail to the back. Perhaps there is an unexploited niche here.

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 08 November 2010 at 7:16 PM

I think so.  M4 has that displacement map pack at DAZ...none for V4 though.  I think something exactly like that would be perfect. 

shante ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 12:09 AM

M4's don't work on V4? Sorry, I have the figures but not installed yet but I thought the maps were universal among the generational meshes.

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 12:57 AM

Well, when you put it that way, I suppose they just might work.  Might look a little manly though, will have to check into this.

shante ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 1:08 AM

I remember when DAZ came up with the whole unimesh thing back with V1/M1/S1. Supposedly Steph 1 was built off the M1 mesh instead of V1 so the textures were supposed to be interchangeable between "brother and sister". But it turned out not to be entirely true then. Apparently from what I remember, the texture creators weren't allowing for mesh stretch for the breasts so it made some weird stuff happen in those areas. But for the most part they were interchangeable then.

I had the Anton Beast texture for M1/2 and with the texture converter app out there (I could not use myself being a Windows only app) I had a friend convert it to work with V2 with some minor post alterations and it was gorgeous. I can now have a he and she DAZ Gen 2 beast couple. Did the same thing in reverse with the RDNA Dragonessa tex for V2. Had it converted for use on M2 and again with a few modifications in post the texture is sweet. And that was with the texture converter. I am sure the new stuff would work just s nicely if not better.

Would love to see some renders of what you find with it when you do ty it.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 2:57 AM

Attached Link: Spine Eversion Morphs M2/M3

Odd, I just downloaded some - unfortunately for M2 and M3. though the readme says they should work for the females of the same generations.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 9:23 AM

You can swap M4 displacement  to V4 with UTC. And Just erase the detail you don't want in your paint app. It's actually fun the first time...;)

lkendall ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 10:00 AM · edited Thu, 11 November 2010 at 10:01 AM

Maybe the final versions of Brad, and Antonia will take the vertabrae into account in their mesh and morphs?

Creature morphs for M4 and V4 do not provide back bone morphs, which is curious. One would think this would be useful in making creatures.

Maybe Phantom3D can figure out a way to use his geometry swaping technique to add polys to the back with a pose file for spine morphs?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

fivecat ( ) posted Thu, 11 November 2010 at 3:41 PM

If you can provide image links for what you have in mind, I can give it a try.  Do you want the look of a very thin person, or something exaggerated for creature creations?

I just looked at the thin and emaciated morphs for V4, and the spine/shoulder blades do not change realistically.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.